• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Now What

rko396

No no, im sorry u guys are right. Our corners cant cover, our lineman cant get pressure, but just Beason's presence on the field will turn our D into the "steel curtin" and we will magically be able to cover Fitz, White, Moss, ect. I see ur point now, im sorry

If you guys think this game is indicative of the team you are going to see then you are a moron.

I dont know, what you guys want. We were not playing with 4 of our former first round picks and our starting safety.

Let me take 4 first rounders off most rosters for a game, and I bet they wont look great either.

This is indicative of what we're going to see because..

1. This is as close to a real game as it gets.. what you see is what you get here.

2. Defensively what, we're out of Kemo no matter if it's "just preseason" or not. Our LB's are so good that Beason missing a little time doesn't really matter, and our secondary is so bad that Godfrey missing time doesn't matter either.

Yes, this is indicative of what you will see, and if you think everything is going to do a 180 degree turn in 2 weeks, then you are the moron.

I don't know what First rounders has to do with it.

I think the run D looked alot better today, however little dump passes to recievers kill us everytime. Then when we try to combat it, a longer pass is always open. If we don't get this fixed it's not gonna be a pretty season.

I'm gonna cut the offense some slack, being there was no Williams or Stewart, Jake looked okay. Goodson looked good, Moore looked good.

The defense is ok. However the secondary is a huge concern. Regardless of our run game, Fox is going to have to let the offense loose to win games. Conservative play calling isnt going to cut it. Gamble hopefully just had an off night, because he looked rough. If the D plays decent and the offense can get crankin we will be ok. If not, this season will be interesting.

This is indicative of what we're going to see because..

1. This is as close to a real game as it gets.. what you see is what you get here.

2. Defensively what, we're out of Kemo no matter if it's "just preseason" or not. Our LB's are so good that Beason missing a little time doesn't really matter, and our secondary is so bad that Godfrey missing time doesn't matter either.

Yes, this is indicative of what you will see, and if you think everything is going to do a 180 degree turn in 2 weeks, then you are the moron.

Okay, if you think that there will not be a drop off without an All-Pro Middle Linebacker being substitued by a 2 year Linebacker that has not started an NFL game. Then I dont even have to call you a moron. Your are practically screaming it.

But, theres no point in debating anymore. Because nothing is going to shut either of us up until the first game. If we see the same kind of play with our normal starters back, then I will eat my crow.

SCPanther, u dont have to stay up to hear it. im just going out on a limb and guessing it sounds sumthing like this

Fox: "Well we want to win every time we take the field but sometimes it doesn't happen. Our defense is making improvments and thats all u can hope for in the preseason. Hopefully we can keep getting better and we'll see thursday night against Pittsburgh"

Okay, if you think that there will not be a drop off without an All-Pro Middle Linebacker being substitued by a 2 year Linebacker that has not started an NFL game. Then I dont even have to call you a moron. Your are practically screaming it.

But, theres no point in debating anymore. Because nothing is going to shut either of us up until the first game. If we see the same kind of play with our normal starters back, then I will eat my crow.

So let me get this striaght. u watched that entire game, and the only thought running thru ur head is "ehhhh our defense isnt bad. would be shut down if Beason was there tho!!!" soooo have u watched football before?

We just see what some people don't want to yet.

You eating crow won't make the team any better, and we will all still be disappointed.

We've said already that yes having Beason will help vs the screens, but it has jack poo to do with the secondary.

Also with (as of now) no DT to keep linemen off Beason, he may just find himself back on the injury list later on in the season when some 300+lb lineman flat lines his ass.

Beason as good as he is, is in fact a smaller type of LBer.

So let me get this striaght. u watched that entire game, and the only thought running thru ur head is "ehhhh our defense isnt bad. would be shut down if Beason was there tho!!!" soooo have u watched football before?

haha, If you would read the original post carefully. You would see the point I was making. That he said that there is not much of a drop off between Beason and Conner. Which is crazy.

But yea, I curse the Defense during the game more than anyone when they blow. I am not trying to say they played well tonite. Because they didn't, they sucked.

My point is, the defense you saw tonight, is not going to be the same you see in game 1. And this Defense is ALOT better, with Beason, Davis, and Godfrey. And I will not give any credence to any argument saying otherwise.

Archived