• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints sign Mark Ingram to 4 yr / $ 16 million contract

gettlemanjack

We are talking about this from a cap standpoint though. They've already restructured Colston and Byrd. From what I've read, Bree's isn't willing to restructure. They have to come up with roughly $18 million by Tuesday, which still wouldn't allow signing any FA's. Then another $5 million around draft time.

That mey be how you meant it, which I agree from that perspective, that's why I said it was surprising in my next post.  But other people don't mean it that way.

where do they keep finding this money? I thought they'd have let Ingram walk because they couldn't afford him

ProFootballTalk @ ProFootballTalk

1m

Four years, $16 million for Mark Ingram to stay with Saints , per

league source.

We could ask Alice if he wasn't MIA.

NFL business writer at Forbes Vincent Frank @ VincentFrankNFL 7m

Ingram netting $4M per is BAD news for Frank Gore.

NFL business writer at Forbes Vincent Frank @ VincentFrankNFL 3m

A 25 YO RB entering his prime getting $4M per is not good for

any RB on the other side of 30.

Why are they talking as if Ingram was a beast? Dude has never topped a 1,000yd season since he's been in the NFL, how much did they expect him to get?

Yards from scrimmage last year:

1,124 Rob Gronkowski

1,109 Mark Ingram

1,077 Calvin Johnson (makes $19M a year)

Yards from scrimmage last year:

1,124 Rob Gronkowski

1,109 Mark Ingram

1,077 Calvin Johnson (makes $19M a year)

Oh so now Ingram is as good as those two? Is that really your argument? As a rusher dude has never in his career eclipsed 1,000yds a season.

Only a few players that can give them the cap room they need.

Junior Galette: $12.5 million roster bonus can be converted to signing bonus & spread out over 4 years; can't be cut, dead money more than cap saved

Jahri Evans: $6.8 million base salary can be converted to signing bonus; can be cut and get $6 million cap saving

Jimmy Graham: $2.9 million base salary and $5 million roster bonus can be converted; can't be cut, dead money more than cap saved

Ben Grubbs: $6.5 million base salary can be converted to signing bonus; can be cut and get $3.6 million cap saving

Curtis Lofton: $2.65 million base salary and $4.5 million roster bonus can be converted; can be cut and get $4.25 million cap saving

Cameron Jordan: $6.969 million base salary in last year of contract; could be extended to reduce cap charge

Brodrick Bunkley:$4.4 million base salary can be converted to signing bonus; Saints have stated they won't cut him

David Hawthorne:$2 million base salary and $2.5 million roster bonus can be converted; can be cut and get $3 million cap saving

Marques Colston and Jairus Byrd have already re-done their deals, so they can't help again.

Breesus has said he's not willing to re-do deal again. The Saints have some work to do either pleading with Breesus or pleading with a few of the guys on that list.

NFL business writer at Forbes Vincent Frank @ VincentFrankNFL 7m

Ingram netting $4M per is BAD news for Frank Gore.

NFL business writer at Forbes Vincent Frank @ VincentFrankNFL 3m

A 25 YO RB entering his prime getting $4M per is not good for

any RB on the other side of 30.

Kinda kills DeAngelo's market too

Anyone who knows a little about the cap and Saints situation knew this could be done no problem. Lol at the fans on their forum clowning people for "thinking the Saints were in a cap mess".

They are in a terrible mess. This deal simply means one less free agent or one more veteran cut that will happen. my money is on one of their aging but serviceable guards getting cut along with several restructures. (aka pushing their problems even more into the future)

Archived