• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texans will release WR Andre Johnson today

Car123

That's the way Panthers fans likely see it.  Others may not see it that way.

When you look at this list, there are a few teams that are likely perceived to be closer than we are

I only see three teams on that list who IMO clearly have a better shot than we do:  Seahawks, Pats, and Broncos.  That's it.  Last I checked, the Colts still didn't have a defense.  Atlanta, KC?  LOL!  Chargers are re-tooling, but honestly they seem to always under-perform.

We've won our division in back to back years and won a road playoff game last year.  I know the W-L record wasn't exactly impressive, but those facts remain.

So I heard from some colt fans, that there's a rumor that Houston will cut Johnson with the understanding that he doesn't sign with the Colts.

They can't put any requirements on him if they cut him.

The league would go ballistic.

I only see three teams on that list who IMO clearly have a better shot than we do:  Seahawks, Pats, and Broncos.  That's it.  Last I checked, the Colts still didn't have a defense.  Atlanta, KC?  LOL!  Chargers are re-tooling, but honestly they seem to always under-perform.

We've won our division in back to back years and won a road playoff game last year.  I know the W-L record wasn't exactly impressive, but those facts remain.

I wouldn't rule out the Bolts or the Colts, especially. Regardless, three are all it takes. And don't forget about the Ravens.

Also the colts are not affrade to throw money at a WR.

I see him going to the Colts. Good young offense and a chance for revenge twice a year.

AJ also has a relationship with both Pagano and Chud from his time at da U and wouldn't hurt being able to torch your former team twice a year....this is definitely a strong possibility. Keep an eye on the Dolphins as well.

I know THEY can't, but they don't seem to think he'll go back on his word.

I'd say the Colt fans who believe this have their tinfoil hats on a little too tight.

If the Texans  even suggested something like this, they'd likely lose draft picks.

realistically...and putting all homerism aside...he's late in his career and wants to taste it just once....Seattle has to be one of his top considerations with all the pieces that are there.  Plus our one weakness is WR corp....he'd be a great fit and have a great chance at a Super Bowl

realistically...and putting all homerism aside...he's late in his career and wants to taste it just once....Seattle has to be one of his top considerations with all the pieces that are there.  Plus our one weakness is WR corp....he'd be a great fit and have a great chance at a Super Bowl

Do you guys have the cap room for that?

They can't put any requirements on him if they cut him.

The league would go ballistic.

I mean, they quite literally can't. Once cut, AJ becomes an unrestricted FA immediately and can sign with any team he chooses that is willing to offer him a contract.

And then what could the Texans say?

"Hey, you promised"? :unsure:

Exactly.  They'd have zero recourse.  The only thing they could do is ask AJ not to sign with the Colts in which case he could be all like

nASzXGz.gif

just as soon as the release paperwork was filed.

Archived