• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Free Agency Update Thread

Mr. Scot

Who died and made you NCPsa10? :lol:

Ha! It all started with me wanting to find out if we drafted  signed Alan Ball. So now I'm on NFL trade rumors hitting refresh like a mouse on a feeder bar. And he hasn't been around so it's next man up right? :phone:

Ha! It all started with me wanting to find out if we drafted Alan Ball. So now I'm on NFL trade rumors hitting refresh like a mouse on a feeder bar. And he hasn't been around so it's next man up right? :phone:

I actually think he'll be signed.

It's just taking longer than we're used to.

I actually think he'll be signed.

It's just taking longer than we're used to.

Which worries me a little because I think the signing goes a long way to addressing the needs on defense. Allowing us to draft much more freely. In the end we will draft who we draft but I like getting every little piece we can.

Which worries me a little because I think the signing goes a long way to addressing the needs on defense. Allowing us to draft much more freely. In the end we will draft who we draft but I like getting every little piece we can.

From the Observer story (link)

Free-agent cornerback Alan Ball has discussed contract parameters with the Panthers and could finalize a deal Friday when he meets with team officials at Bank of America Stadium, according to a league source.

And from David Newton...

David Newton @DNewtonespn  ·  1h 1 hour ago

CB Alan Ball still hasn't signed dotted line with #Panthers but no indication he won't.

David Newton @DNewtonespn  ·  60m 60 minutes ago

I said reached agreement but hadn't signed. Players sometimes change mind. Look at Frank Gore. Not saying Ball backing out. @BrianSette

Pretty sure he'll sign.

Is that all? What about that raider moore, the one top dawg loves too much. I thought there where about 4 "names" left...... what about santurdio holmes?......

I wouldn't really count Holmes but he has been upset that teams haven't tried to sign him. Since we already have Ginn and Brown I see no reason to sign Holmes. I guess I did leave out Moore. He hasn't been signed yet which makes me wonder what teams think of him. After all he only had 100 yards with Oakland and they have a horrible WR corp but then again look at how Kenny Britt turned things around with St Louis last season.

Is that all? What about that raider moore, the one top dawg loves too much. I thought there where about 4 "names" left...... what about santurdio holmes?......

Nicks, Jennings, Moore, and two guys that may be a really hard sell to Our FO in Holmes and Mike Williams. Other than that, all I see is a big void of nothing until the draft.

Nicks, Jennings, Moore, and two guys that may be a really hard sell to Our FO in Holmes and Mike Williams. Other than that, all I see is a big void of nothing until the draft.

I think Jennings would be huge but probably a pipe dream.

From the Observer story (link)

And from David Newton...

Pretty sure he'll sign.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12523532/alan-ball-carolina-panthers-negotiations

The same source said on Friday that "a lot" was worked out in terms of negotiations before Ball left town, but not to the point the 29-year-old player was ready to sign.

At least one other team has entered the picture regarding interest in Ball.

Archived