• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Twitter War Marc James vs Chris Kro[E]ger. .

WOW!!

Marc James is mouth diarrhea and Chris Kroeger is awesome, but I do have one complaint about Kroeger: He can be annoying on Twitter at times. Mainly with the LOLs and text speak. Way different than his radio persona which is extremely professional I think. Have to remember though that the guy is actually still in his 20s I think.

Edit: I wanted to add that I too tweet like that, but I'm just some dude that doesn't have his own professional-sounding radio show.

So, to clear everything up...the whole thing started as a joke in reference to this from Marc three months ago: 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Really Marc? RT &quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/marcjames">@marcjames</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash">#Falcons</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Panthers?src=hash">#Panthers</a> should be called the &quot;MARC JAMES GAME&quot;. I revolutionized Sports Talk in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/clt?src=hash">#clt</a> for 3.5 years.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jay Weezie (@Jay_Weezie) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jay_Weezie/status/549216794784059392">December 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It was tongue-in-cheek and not a "cheap-shot" or "low blow." Marc has no self-awareness and doesn't know how to take a joke. He took the shot personally, completely oblivious that it was a joke directed at his self-absorbed comment before the Panthers/Falcons game. 

Either way, he went off the deep end and I fired back. I probably shouldn't have, but whatever. 

As for Primetime, we have 60,000+ listeners. Reality is I can't please every listener for four hours a day, nor will every listener agree with what we're saying. I never develop a topic or commentary to try and drive calls. Listen all day long and you'll realize we take the fewest calls on our show. I try to have an intelligent, informed conversation for four hours every day. I make a concerted effort to stay away from "hot takes" and knee-jerk reactions. 

As an aside, I swear I'm going to start being active on the forums more. 

Let's try this again... 

So, to clear everything up...the whole thing started as a joke in reference to this from Marc three months ago: 

@marcjames: #Falcons #Panthers should be called the "MARC JAMES GAME". I revolutionized Sports Talk in #clt for 3.5 years.

It was tongue-in-cheek and not a "cheap-shot" or "low blow." Marc has no self-awareness and doesn't know how to take a joke. He took the shot personally, completely oblivious that it was a joke directed at his self-absorbed comment before the Panthers/Falcons game. 

Either way, he went off the deep end and I fired back. I probably shouldn't have, but whatever. 

As for Primetime, we have 60,000+ listeners. Reality is I can't please every listener for four hours a day, nor will every listener agree with what we're saying. I never develop a topic or commentary to try and drive calls. Listen all day long and you'll realize we take the fewest calls on our show. I try to have an intelligent, informed conversation for four hours every day. I make a concerted effort to stay away from "hot takes" and knee-jerk reactions. 

Let's try this again...

@marcjames: #Falcons#Panthers should be called the "MARC JAMES GAME". I revolutionized Sports Talk in #clt for 3.5 years.

Who let you in? :unsure:

(welcome aboard)

Archived