• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The genius that is the Gettleman 2014 draft

SIGCHI222

Good work.  The only pick I think is even within the realm of question is Ealy to be swapped out with Jarvis Landry.  If Ealy turns into a stud though, obviously it will have worked out for the best.  I slammed my fist on the table during the draft when Desir was taken the pick before us, heh. 

Can't leave out Norwell and Philly and even Glanton too IMO just because they were UDFA. Norwell will be a future all-pro guard and I predict Philly will be a longterm solid (and cheap) option as a #3 wideout, with Glanton providing depth. Gettleman is a fuging genius. If we parallel that success in this draft, we're going all the way to the Super Bowl. Place your bets fellas while the odds are still good.

And how about next year after TWO more GMan drafts AND $70 mil in cap space? Fappyfapfap

don't see the genius, first few rounds were ok but he really messed up later rounds. Horrible trade for Bene , could have gotten the same picks and not given up a 7th. The best pick was Turner as KB was a no brainer . Ealy was a value pick but would much rather have Jarvis Landry from your list. The Boston pick was a big reach where Bene would not have been so much a reach at 4  or could have gone with De Anthony Thomas at 4 and still get Bene at our original 5 spot. could have gotten Boston in 6th.

don't see the genius, first few rounds were ok but he really messed up later rounds. Horrible trade for Bene , could have gotten the same picks and not given up a 7th. The best pick was Turner as KB was a no brainer . Ealy was a value pick but would much rather have Jarvis Landry from your list. The Boston pick was a big reach where Bene would not have been so much a reach at 4  or could have gone with De Anthony Thomas at 4 and still get Bene at our original 5 spot. could have gotten Boston in 6th.

Sorry I can't agree with any of this at all. It was about as perfect of a draft as you'll ever get in the NFL.

Good work. The only pick I think is even within the realm of question is Ealy to be swapped out with Jarvis Landry. If Ealy turns into a stud though, obviously it will have worked out for the best. I slammed my fist on the table during the draft when Desir was taken the pick before us, heh.

Both Landry and Ealy were PFWA all rookie teamers, but only Kony was SI all rookie team, and plays a much tougher position to fill. Gimme Kony and it's not close.

Both Landry and Ealy were PFWA all rookie teamers, but only Kony was SI all rookie team, and plays a much tougher position to fill. Gimme Kony and it's not close.

so Ealy starts this season with Hardy gone? So Landry would not start this season or last season? Yes, not even close.

don't see the genius, first few rounds were ok but he really messed up later rounds. Horrible trade for Bene , could have gotten the same picks and not given up a 7th. The best pick was Turner as KB was a no brainer . Ealy was a value pick but would much rather have Jarvis Landry from your list. The Boston pick was a big reach where Bene would not have been so much a reach at 4 or could have gone with De Anthony Thomas at 4 and still get Bene at our original 5 spot. could have gotten Boston in 6th.

Horrible trade for a guy in the 5th that'd be 21 overall in a redraft according to this? http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/2014-nfl-draft-redo-derek-carr-odell-beckham-jr-jadeveon-clowney?page=3&devicetype=phone

Yeah ok.

Horrible trade for a guy in the 5th that'd be 21 overall in a redraft according to this? http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/2014-nfl-draft-redo-derek-carr-odell-beckham-jr-jadeveon-clowney?page=3&devicetype=phone

Yeah ok.

yes when you could have gotten him without the trade and have the extra pick. Yes horrible trade, predicated by a horrible 4th pick of Boston.

Architect of the greatest dynasty of the salary cap era which will unfold before everyone's very eyes over the next decade+.

Trading for the Vikings 5th to get Bene after the Vikings had just paid Captain (Bwaha!) and then take two CBs in the draft after Bene no one will ever hear about, is worse than what Hardy allegedly did to Ms Holder. Smooth operator nipple shorts.

this is quite possibly the greatest post ever posted on the huddle.

how do you know we could have gotten boston and bene later?

you don't.

Archived