• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

same as last year, Rivera says Cam has got to become a more sound QB

gettlemanjack

What is Mike Wallace? Jarvis Landry is no scrub either and you're forgetting Cam didn't play two games that would have been stat stuffers

Yeah but Tannehill had him by like 900yds. Cam would not have made that up with two games.

I swear every player that performs for another QB is a weapon unless it is with us, we call them scrubs. Rookie Jarvis Landry has never had a 1,000yd season, but I am sure he is a better weapon than a 1,000yd KB. Mike Wallace? Lol. Tannehill did not have a single 1,000yd receiver.

Can anyone name any weapon on the Dolphins team? Ryan F'ing Tannehill, passed for more yds, higher completion %, threw for more TDs and had a higher rate than Cam with a far worse oline. But yeah, it's weapons.

Is this a joke?

How about that left tackle they took in the 1st round last year who has been a stud?

How about the WR they took in the 2nd last year who had 84 receptions and has arguably one of the best sets of hands in the NFL?

How about that guy who had 10tds and is considered one of the better deep threats in the game? Who Tannehill struggled to connect with but he still managed to get 10tds

Is this a joke?

How about that left tackle they took in the 1st round last year who has been a stud?

How about the WR they took in the 2nd last year who had 84 receptions and has arguably one of the best sets of hands in the NFL?

How about that guy who had 10tds and is considered one of the better deep threats in the game? Who Tannehill struggled to connect with but he still managed to get 10tds

Don't forget Charles Clay either who is a better than average TE and just got a massive contract to back it up.

Is this a joke?

Their oline was so solid that they allowed more sacks and hits than ours did. Or you do not pay attention to the stats?

How about our WR we took in the first who had more yds than their WR? How about Greg Olsen who performed better than Wallace? Do you prefer those two over Greg and KB?

My god people. Let's clear this Lafell poo up right now. Lafell is a professional football player that gets paid is he not allowed to improve? He's improved every year he's been in the league, but everyone wants to give Brady all the credit.

He averaged 12.8 yards per catch with Cam in 2013 and 12.9 with Brady last year. He had 5 tds with Cam and 7 with Brady. The only difference in the Lafell with Cam and the Lafell with Brady is that Tom Brady throws the damn ball more than Cam giving Lafell more receptions and yardage. Everything else is virtually identical.

He also has Belichick. A consistent winning system and franchise. Hearing Lafell talk about how we practice vs the Pats along with Steve resurgence in Baltimore after it felt like he half-assed his last season here show it's more than Cam, which of course it seems to only become about.

Don't forget Charles Clay either who is a better than average TE and just got a massive contract to back it up.

He got overpaid, simple as that. Our TE has consistently performed better than him. Ok, let me ask you this, who would you have, Wallace or KB, Greg or Clay? Landry or Cotchery? If you can answer those then maybe we can agree on who has better "weapons".

He got overpaid, simple as that. Our TE has consistently performed better than him. Ok, let me ask you this, who would you have, Wallace or KB, Greg or Clay? Landry or Cotchery? If you can answer those then maybe we can agree on who has better "weapons".

Landry over Cotchery all day and twice on sunday..

Me being honest:

I'm obviously taking Olsen over Clay. Easily Landry over Cotchery and it's not even close. KB in his rookie year put up some good numbers but left a lot to be desired. If we are talking strictly on the field production and ability, I would have taken a veteran Wallace on a quick one year rental over a raw rookie in Kelvin Benjamin. Going forward, give me KB without Wallace and his antics but Wallace's strengths match up perfectly with Cams. Don't forget their back that ran for 1,100 yards and doubled our backs total touchdowns by himself and a left tackle that actually had a dang good as a rookie. Meanwhile, Byron Bell.

For me this whole weapons debate is largely about the effort teams put into actually building around their young quarterbacks rather than it is personnel. Miami went out and drafted a stud tackle, drafted a great receiver in back to back rounds. Hopefully we do the same.

Me being honest:

I'm obviously taking Olsen over Clay. Easily Landry over Cotchery and it's not even close. KB in his rookie year put up some good numbers but left a lot to be desired. If we are talking strictly on the field production and ability, I would have taken a veteran Wallace on a quick one year rental over a raw rookie in Kelvin Benjamin. Going forward, give me KB without Wallace and his antics but Wallace's strengths match up perfectly with Cams. Don't forget their back that ran for 1,100 yards and doubled our backs total touchdowns by himself and a left tackle that actually had a dang good as a rookie. Meanwhile, Byron Bell.

For me this whole weapons debate is largely about the effort teams put into actually building around their young quarterbacks rather than it is personnel. Miami went out and drafted a stud tackle, drafted a great receiver in back to back rounds. Hopefully we do the same.

If you are taking Wallace and Landry, two of Tannehill's then I can understand why you will contend he had a better supporting cast. I however will be taking Olsen and KB over Wallace and Clay and hence why I think Cam had the better supporting cast.

Can anyone name any weapon on the Dolphins team? Ryan F'ing Tannehill, passed for more yds, higher completion %, threw for more TDs and had a higher rate than Cam with a far worse oline. But yeah, it's weapons.

The interesting thing is to look at Tannehill's numbers last season with a terrible roster...

and compare them, not with Newton's horrible numbers last season, but with Newton's "magic" rookie season when he played with an absolutely loaded offensive roster (Smith, Lafell, Olsen, Shockey and two running backs who averaged 5.4 yards a carry)...

Tannehill was better. And if you look around at what the talking heads are saying, almost every unbiased observer is saying that Tannehill is better. Now.

Exactly how I feel. How about the other two?

What about the healthy 1,000 yard back Lamar Smith does he count?

So the surrounding cast of Wallace Landry Clay and Smith.. That gives Tanniehille 3 pass catching options and a 1,000 yard RB. .

Cam only had 2 pass catching options. .

Archived