• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alan Ball signs with Bears

jamos14

No hate here, he's closer to home.

But if no decent CB is added, this may become #1 on the needs. In a passing league and the only keepers are bene, josh and melvin. Need another starter on the outside, so bene can move to NB and make plays.

Disagree.  

I don't understand the people that want to move Bene inside so much.  He played boundary at SJSU and did fine, outside of the Seattle game as our CB2.  Easier in the draft/FA to find a nickel than a starting outside CB.  If we do find one, fine, but we can find another Bene in rounds 3-5.  

Guys like Josh Shaw, Doran Grant and Jacoby Glenn to name a few. 

I do believe the Panthers will address this need in the draft, but I don't see them going after a #1 CB, though I would love Marcus Peters if he drops.

Disagree.

I don't understand the people that want to move Bene inside so much. He played boundary at SJSU and did fine, outside of the Seattle game as our CB2. Easier in the draft/FA to find a nickel than a starting outside CB. If we do find one, fine, but we can find another Bene in rounds 3-5.

Guys like Josh Shaw, Doran Grant and Jacoby Glenn to name a few.

I do believe the Panthers will address this need in the draft, but I don't see them going after a #1 CB, though I would love Marcus Peters if he drops.

No question he can play the outside, but I feel he's a better fit inside. Soul rebel, you know nickle is the base D now-a-days, he's still starting. He's a playmaker and being in slot offers more plays to be made. Plus he isn't scared of contact.

I'm starting to believe CB is the biggest need, but that could change at any moment. Remember he's 5'11 and the nfc south has the tallest outside WR group. Ball was 6'2 and the iants signed that 6'2 CB brewer(former pat/seafag), to counter all the 6'3 + outside WRs.

A dark horse, I've heard being link to the first pick is kevin johnson. Steve wilks and every other DB coach/scout rave about him.

Archived