• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whatever happened to WW2 games?

KillerKat

Could always play this: http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/home

All online WWI game that has been around for probably 10-15 years now. They've made massive updates to the game though, so the graphics, physics engines, and everything else has evolved and gotten better over time. The map is half scale of Europe and it is probably the most realistic war game ever made.

Entire cities are destructible. Each "game" can last months, although some have been as short as 10 days.

Contains infantry, navy, and air force. Really cool game, I just don't have a good enough PC to play it.

Could always play this: http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/home

All online WWI game that has been around for probably 10-15 years now. They've made massive updates to the game though, so the graphics, physics engines, and everything else has evolved and gotten better over time. The map is half scale of Europe and it is probably the most realistic war game ever made.

Entire cities are destructible. Each "game" can last months, although some have been as short as 10 days.

Contains infantry, navy, and air force. Really cool game, I just don't have a good enough PC to play it.

I played it back when it was called WWII Online

Decent game, much more realistic and for those who played cod or moh will probably get pissed because its not a spray and pray type game.

Never got into many WWII games tbh. I casually played the first few COD games before the series just completely blew up.

I've always been a fan of the Ghost Recon series. However the last GR game I played I thought tried to rip off a little too much from COD and BF. Still, it is easily my favorite combat series. The only GR game I really didn't care for was Island Thunder on the original Xbox.

Day of defeat 1.3 is where it's at. I remember playing that game when it was first created after Counter strike. Still an amazing game. Storming the beach maps awesome.

It was one of the first ww2 games I played back in the 90's

I know they got boring after a while because I beat them over and over again, but I found new ways to keep it interesting. I started using only one weapon. Sniper rifle close combat is ridiculously hard.

That said, I would love to see a new generation ww2 game that could allow the allies to lose. Something that would allow you to be Patton, Eisenhower, Rommel and devise a strategy then have the ability to play some of those battles. Some real time strategy play with some mission interactin.

I would want to see a new Real time strategy of all of ww2 in every aspect, and minute details etc the total war franchise. Comes to mind Love their games. Not 100%sure if the have done it yet or not.

Closet one I've played is hearts of iron which is a fantastic game imo. Have to fight a war while dealing with resources and conflict in your country and alot more. Game has high learning curve at the start but once you get the hang of it, you'll realize it's been 10hrs and you have work in 30min. True Story heh

Archived