• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why aren't we hearing more about Chris Conley?

Panther4lyfe

funny how NFL.com says his main concern is he doesn't have the speed, yet his 40 time is 4.30.

I understand what your talking about. I have seen plenty of times where a prospect has speed but they say his weakness is not having enough speed.

I believe what they are trying to say is that Conley does have great 40 speed but on field speed isn't as great because defenders can slow him down easily.

I do like the fact that he can block well, something I didn't know before but Hardy can block well and has a better skill set than Conley so I would put Hardy and even Lockett ahead of Conley.

I guess that's why Aaron Murray averaged throwing the ball almost 30 times a game while at UGA and left there as their all-time leading passer.

You're not wrong, but that doesn't really impact the "Conley was a victim of a run first offense" argument as much as you think it does.

Georgia ran the ball about 63 percent of the time in 2014, compared to 51 in 2013, and 56 in 2012. Much more of a balanced offense.

But, Conley had about as many yards in 2014  as he did in 13 (657 in 2014, 651 in 2013) with 9 less catches (36 in 2014, 45 in 2013) despite the 12% jump in running attempts in 2014, he was on pace to do much better than he did in all of 2013. 

Also consider the fact the jump in 2013 from 2012  (20, 342) after King left and 5% more passing attempts. One could make the argument that if Georgia was as balanced as in 2013, Conley could've improved just as much as he did from 12 to 13.

i still stand by what I said  about Conley, but I admit it was just one game and I don't   know everything about him.

He's just hella raw, and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him on days 1 or 2.

Archived