• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Back Partner?

section543

So, as usual, I would love to trade back given the low number of "1st round grade talent". I realize that 9 picks is already a bunch, but would prefer 4 out of top 89.

I notice that this year no one has multiple 2nds to trade, so is there a team below us in 1st, or at the top of 2nd that would trade up with us?

Teams that make sense according to the value chart are Patriots(32, 96), Packers(30, 94), Bears(39, 71), Giants(40, 74), Rams(41, 73), Vikings(45, 76)

All of those are in the ballpark of the value of our pick with the picks coming back in parentheses. The Falcons fit too but I left them out since same division. In some cases a 6th or something may need to be tossed in from us or them but those would be the principle picks. Vikings would almost certainly have to throw in something else but I listed them due to their willingness to trade back into the 1st the last few years.

Teams that make sense according to the value chart are Patriots(32, 96), Packers(30, 94), Bears(39, 71), Giants(40, 74), Rams(41, 73), Vikings(45, 76)

All of those are in the ballpark of the value of our pick with the picks coming back in parentheses. The Falcons fit too but I left them out since same division. In some cases a 6th or something may need to be tossed in from us or them but those would be the principle picks. Vikings would almost certainly have to throw in something else but I listed them due to their willingness to trade back into the 1st the last few years.

Pats and Packers unlikely to trade imo. Would you do those trades with Bears, Giants or Rams?

We are a fairly young team with plenty of "bodies" with potential.  We also have 9 picks already.  I suppose we can always use more picks, but I am hoping they can find at least 3 impact players in this draft so not sure I want to trade back too far.

First rounder I would target is J Strong.  Think he can start and play inside or out and has an incredible catch radius and is very fast.  If he is there or within a couple picks, I would want him

The 2 extra 5ths give us options for small trades with the other picks.

2nd, I would be okay with Cedric or Preston Smith

3rd  I think we could get an impact RB here to work in Dwills spot

Pats and Packers unlikely to trade imo. Would you do those trades with Bears, Giants or Rams?

It really depends who is available when we pick, but I'd definitely seriously consider it. If it were me and I did trade back to the 2nd round to pick up an extra 3rd, I would then be trying to move up with one of the 2nd's or 3rd's using our 4th, 5th and 6th round picks as ammo because at that point we'd have 10 picks and I'd be fine using only 8.

The Pats are very unlikely to trade up, but I wouldn't put it past the Packers. They've done it before most notably to go up and get Clay Matthews although their biggest needs probably line up better with trading back than up.

If the first round talent drops off like some have suggested there might be a lot of teams looking to trade back. You can want to trade back all you want but if you can't find a partner it doesn't matter.

If anything it might be cheaper to trade up this year then other years.

Archived