• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An Honest Beer Thread

Jimmy

I don't know poo about beer.

I couldn't tell you the difference between and IPA and a Miller Lite. I don't know what makes an IPA an IPA or if Miller Lite is an IPA.

I hear words like Draught, Pilsner, Craft, Ale, Homebrews, etc., etc., etc.  

I have read about the history of beer and the Ancient Babylonians or Egyptians, seems everyone wants the credit for being first.  Vikings believe there is a goat in Valhalla that will produce an endless supply of beer.

Beer has water in it.

There are higher levels of alcohol in different types of beer. I don't know who regulates this poo.

Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass.

Prohibition in the US lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours, 19.5 minutes.

Beer has barley, hops, & yeast...beer commercials told me that.

But I couldn't tell you the first thing about the process, what locations are good, who is the best, why this brewer is better than the other. 

I don't know where the best place to buy the best beer is.  

In my final analysis my conclusions are thus: Beer is subjective and what tastes good to one man (or woman, sorry Lola) will taste like llama ass to another.  As far as alcohol levels...I suppose that is subjective as well...drinking 3 beers compared to 8 is up to the persons ability to hold thier pee and control their personal fugupedness.  

I ususally go for the free poo first...then the cheapest...on payday I'll go and buy some Fat Tire.

I don't know poo about beer.

I couldn't tell you the difference between and IPA and a Miller Lite. I don't know what makes an IPA an IPA or if Miller Lite is an IPA.

I hear words like Draught, Pilsner, Craft, Ale, Homebrews, etc., etc., etc.  

I have read about the history of beer and the Ancient Babylonians or Egyptians, seems everyone wants the credit for being first.  Vikings believe there is a goat in Valhalla that will produce an endless supply of beer.

Beer has water in it.

There are higher levels of alcohol in different types of beer. I don't know who regulates this poo.

Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty glass.

Prohibition in the US lasted 13 years, 10 months, 19 days, 17 hours, 19.5 minutes.

Beer has barley, hops, & yeast...beer commercials told me that.

But I couldn't tell you the first thing about the process, what locations are good, who is the best, why this brewer is better than the other. 

I don't know where the best place to buy the best beer is.  

In my final analysis my conclusions are thus: Beer is subjective and what tastes good to one man (or woman, sorry Lola) will taste like llama ass to another.  As far as alcohol levels...I suppose that is subjective as well...drinking 3 beers compared to 8 is up to the persons ability to hold thier pee and control their personal fugupedness.  

I ususally go for the free poo first...then the cheapest...on payday I'll go and buy some Fat Tire.

Beer is all about taste.  Figure out what you like (this may take a while for you) and go with it.

I love IPA's, my best friend loves porters and stouts, my wife will barely drink beer any more.

As for what makes certain brewers better, it's just like anything else.  McDonalds sells cheeseburgers, as does the Fork and Cork downtown ILM....same name, worlds apart in taste.

Archived