• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis high on Shaq Thompson, calls Shaq "a better athlete than was," proud to be compared to Shaq

gettlemanjack

because of how athletic Luke and TD are, we only use 2 LBs and 5 DBs. Roman Harper acts as our 3rd LB. And Shaq is much more athletic

He did play safety for one game ... thought it was only in high school.

If you are talking about nickel coverage, Luke and TD are the LBs and I don't see that changing.  The third LB would be replaced by a CB.  In dime coverage, Luke will be the only LB on the field. 

Sean is a capable DC and will find a place for him.  If nothing else, Shaq increases our speed and sideline - sideline coverage.  Should be a big upgrade covering RBs out of the backfield when in the base defense. 

Going to say a prayer tonight that some offensive tools fall into our lap tomorrow (OT&WR).

If you are talking about nickel coverage, Luke and TD are the LBs and I don't see that changing. The third LB would be replaced by a CB.

our defense is a nickel D. Two LBs, two safeties, three CBs. Roman Harper acts as the "3rd LB," giving us 3 guys in the box (Luke, TD, Harper), backed up by 4 DBs (1 FS, 3 CBs)

"a majority of the season, the Panthers decided to work out of the nickel formation which meant the defense only had two linebackers on the field (Kuechly and Davis)"

http://car.scout.com/story/1504152-panthers-final-report-card-linebackers

look at the snap counts for our players on D, you will see the same thing

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

also, their was an article where one of our LBs other than Luke and TD was saying how he never gets to see the field because we only use 2 LBs. I searched for it but can't find it atm

I was, and last year was worse because A) We made a quality, appropriate 1st round pick B) You didn't think the team would be stupid enough to bank on the same bottom feeding FA talent two years in a row as we did this year

How is making a quality first round pick worse? I'm not understanding what you are saying but at the same time I'm drunk

Archived