• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Home Workout Advice Needed

Mark S

Core excerises are not effective for abs. Everyone has abs it's just covered by fat. Yeah it could tune up those muscles. I'm not saying core excerises are worthless. Having a strong core is very helpful. Just don't plan on getting abs from core excerises

Like others have said, push ups and pull ups. You need to get a pull up bar. Go buy one.  Pull ups and chin ups will build your biceps,forearms, and lats. 

Also you already sound skinny but a jump rope is good cardio too and can help build your shoulders and upper body. A work out I did last summer was this on days when I couldn't go to the gym.

20 pushups

10 Pull ups

2:30-3:00 mins jump rope

15-30 seconds of rest in between max

Repeat until you can't do it anymore.

Core excerises are not effective for abs. Everyone has abs it's just covered by fat. Yeah it could tune up those muscles. I'm not saying core excerises are worthless. Having a strong core is very helpful. Just don't plan on getting abs from core excerises

shut up

oly lifters don't bother and have some of the best physiques in the world. 

3bf543d0_1410872951_27bc2c3002.jpeg

6238146653_e27f2b14ef.jpg

kk.jpg

All advice was much appreciated everyone. I will take everyone's opinions into consideration.

Jumping on this a bit late but I'm on the side of the guys saying hold up from doing any sort of bulking at the moment. Eat a fair amount of natural protein (chicken, eggs, fish, milk) as you'll probably still be growing and the best thing you can do is feed the natural growth rather than any sort of artificial growth. 

Do core exercises for strength which will stay with you as you grow (http://greatist.com/move/best-bodyweight-exercises-abs) and help your frame develop. Trust me, the extra height and frame that you could gain by eating well at this age is much more attractive to women than any sort of muscle gain. 

Then again, 20 push ups and crunches every morning isn't going to hurt anything and may give you that extra confidence you're looking for. 

Oh and one more thing, don't fight to work off fat until you're over 18. Any fat you carry (from eating normally) can be used to encourage second growth up until 20. I know it sounds ridiculous, but there are plenty of young guys that shoot up an extra few inches from 16-20 when their bodies realise there's nothing better to do with fat stores around the body - research Pituary Growth hormone if you need more info. 

At your age height gain > muscle gain.  

Honestly the best thing you could do for yourself is to gain the proper knowledge. Don't listen to the people that say you need to do cardio all day and eat 6 meals a day, they are all a bunch of idiots who don't know what they are talking about. Just work hard in school and learn the proper forms for the core strength exercises like squats, deadlifts, and Overhand Presses.

Once you are old enough use that knowledge and start implementing it in a proper routine like starting strength or Strong Lifts. Once you gain some strength and you are using proper form you will then be ready to go to the next level. Until then don't waste your time doing 5,000 situps a day. 

Also if you wanna get girls you don't need to be a bodybuilder to get them, just be confident and pull out your dick.

Works for me every time.

also ignore the pulling out your dick part.

Archived