• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

I love Cam but I feel like the offense is becoming very predictable due to Shula and that effects him a lot. Last year when he wasn't able to run, we ran a lot of quick passes and it worked! People were even mentioning him as a potential MVP candidate. 

Then Bengals game happened and he could run! 

So Shula went exclusively Read-Option and almost 100% in the huddle not utilizing Cams strength of the No-huddle. He no longer went to Cam under center and Cam regressed as a passer. 

So basically I want some I-formation and 2 TE sets like we had with Shock and Olson. 

Lastly I do want Cam to learn touch passes a little better. That is what I want him to work on. 

I think people forget how inconsistent Tom Brady was until 2007.

Yes he had 3 SB titles, but they did that with really good running game, special teams, and opportunistic defenses. At least to get to the SB. Brady had a great game against us and a solid game against Philly.

Wasn't until 2007 that he started really playing amazing. Before that he was more a game manager who would have a great game here and there and a terrible game here and there. But mostly just solid game management

Just a reminder, MedellinHeel is the guy who raged for days to anyone who would listen about how awful Kelvin Benjamin was after we drafted him.

Wrong. I actually had KB in my re-draft right after the draft concluded lol. 

You are confusing me arguing his limitations with ppl trying to compare him to megatron and other WRs. 

KB can make for a great possession / redzone WR. However, he has to improve those hands first. 

I love Cam but I feel like the offense is becoming very predictable due to Shula and that effects him a lot. Last year when he wasn't able to run, we ran a lot of quick passes and it worked! People were even mentioning him as a potential MVP candidate. 

Then Bengals game happened and he could run! 

So Shula went exclusively Read-Option and almost 100% in the huddle not utilizing Cams strength of the No-huddle. He no longer went to Cam under center and Cam regressed as a passer. 

So basically I want some I-formation and 2 TE sets like we had with Shock and Olson. 

Lastly I do want Cam to learn touch passes a little better. That is what I want him to work on. 

Cam was hurt and our Oline was constantly being reshuffled. 

Based on what I watched last year....I really do feel that the success we saw in the final quarter of the season could be used as a better barometer of what we can expect offensively going into next season. 

I'm excited about our team and I think we're being built to withstand injuries.  I really do feel that our Oline is going to be a lot better then people think.  We saw more downfield passing as the season progressed as the Oline could provide better protection. 

There are few teams that have the sort of cohesion this team will have.  For the most part we didn't lose anyone and all we've done is add talent. 

You are confusing me arguing his limitations with ppl trying to compare him to megatron and other WRs.

KB can make for a great possession / redzone WR. However, he has to improve those hands first.

Rank the quarterbacks.

But how many turnovers and boneheaded plays at key moments go along with those 30 TDs?

To be honest I think Shula is really holding back Cam. But I do not see Shula leaving anytime soon so we are gonna need Cam to overcome Shula and raise his game to the next level. 

How does this statement even make sense!!?? :startle:

Shula, will  have to get better in his play calling (along with the added new talent) , or get the hell out of the way for Cam to "Step Up" the way you would like him to. Come on now, use your noggin.

And Cam's TO's under Chud were largely no different than under Shula (not enough to make such a big fuss). That's a straw man argument.

he cant argue the facts so he attacks. so says Johnny Cochrane.

Cam was hurt and our Oline was constantly being reshuffled. 

Based on what I watched last year....I really do feel that the success we saw in the final quarter of the season could be used as a better barometer of what we can expect offensively going into next season. 

I'm excited about our team and I think we're being built to withstand injuries.  I really do feel that our Oline is going to be a lot better then people think.  We saw more downfield passing as the season progressed as the Oline could provide better protection. 

There are few teams that have the sort of cohesion this team will have.  For the most part we didn't lose anyone and all we've done is add talent. 

I am excited as well. I have a strong feeling that Oher will be a big upgrade from Bell. I also like that we seem to have cohesion as well. For us the problems were not from the between the 20s, the problems were in the Red Zone! And so what do we do? We get another huge Receiver! And not only that, we get a huge road grader at Tackle that could come in on short yardage situations. 

Archived