• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam needs to step up this year

Do you really believe this/are prepared to look like a fool when the season starts? :startle:

Must be looking for attention.

I won't even comment anymore on this.

SMH

Is anything I said false? Go look up the Funchess thread before he was drafted

Merely specualtion. 

Can only go off the numbers. 

Not sure there is a Giants fan that wouldnt trade Eli for Wilson in a heartbeat. 

That's not speculation.

Seattle's stacked for Wilson.

You take Marshawn Lynch off that team, and I guarantee you Wilson's an ordinary QB. This is why he was spoon fed into the offense his first 2 years. And he still doesn't, throw first; downfield, or into tight windows.

Point is: We've seen Eli carry that offense. We've never seen Wilson do it. He's secondary to what they do (which is the threat of Lynch running the ball, and everything works off that).

Not bad mouthing Wilson (he's a serviceable NFL QB in the right system). Those are just the facts.

Yes. Wilson playing on a bad team is hypothetical, cause it hasn't happened. Nonetheless, we've all seen what he does, or doesn't do in the Seattle offense. That's history and game footage.

Note: Not sure The Giants would trade a 5'10" QB who can't throw successfully from the pocket for Eli under their current coach, talent,  team and system.

You'd be surprised how trading places can make a tremendous difference with player/QB success, or lack of it.

Guy takes a 2-14 team and wins 2 NFCS championships in 4 years by the time he was 24 while breaking several QB records and he "has to prove something"

You guys are laughable

It always goes back to before he was even drafted. There was really no in between on how people felt about him. They either liked him, or they hated him. It doesn't look like that will ever change throughout his career. So no matter what he accomplishes, some people will never see it as enough, or look to diminish it in some way. It's sad that some people are like that, especially actual fans.

Is anything I said false? Go look up the Funchess thread before he was drafted

And look at everything that's come out SINCE HE WAS DRAFTED (Turf toe all year; 4:47 pro day; plays faster on the field; fluid runner/mover; smooth hips for a big man;  40" vertical leap, etc.).

You were a bit too definitive there my friend (especially declaring him slow).

Old/Improper news IMO.

Let's just wait for the season to see what proves out, instead of believing in your own words.

It always goes back to before he was even drafted. There was really no in between on how people felt about him. They either liked him, or they hated him. It doesn't look like that will ever change throughout his career. So no matter what he accomplishes, some people will never see it as enough, or look to diminish it in some way. It's sad that some people are like that, especially actual fans.

Plenty of people in the middle (as myself). 

Cam has the potential and talent to be a top 5 QB in the league. He has shown flashes. 

With that said, he still has a lot to improve on ie consistency, footwork, decision making, etc. 

When we have a winning season, and win the division again, with another playoff appearance will you stop posting.

I have never read a post from you that wasn't negetive. You never post anything of substance just always the FO sucks, the panthers are going to suck herp......derp....

How about we try going over .500 this season.

That's what's wrong with people like you, your giving this team way to much credit for going 7-8-1, we are still a very flawed team that struggled to beat a injury ridden Cardinals team that started the worst QB in the NFL.

But I already know once the season is on it's way and the offense shows a slight struggle you blame Cam and the coaches, like every other huddler trying to defend the FO.

If the panthers took the same approach the Colts, dolphins or any of these other teams with young QBs took, then I'll say Cam has to step and has no excuse. Right now that isn't the case

Historically Cam is fine. A lot of QB would be getting the bust tag by now, but nobody is saying that about Cam. He is getting better and as time goes by the excuses will become fewer. Be patient this train is just now leaving the station.

Plenty of people in the middle (as myself). 

Cam has the potential and talent to be a top 5 QB in the league. He has shown flashes. 

With that said, he still has a lot to improve on ie consistency, footwork, decision making, etc. 

I'm trying to think of a quarterback in the history of the NFL who hasn't had to work on those things only 4 seasons into his career.

I'm trying to think of a quarterback in the history of the NFL who hasn't had to work on those things only 4 seasons into his career.

Most do, some more than others. 

Point is is getting near the time for Cam to take that next step. 

Shhhhh

Cam appears to be only QB in the NFL with some Huddlers who can't miss throws, have a bad OL, and throw from a dirty pocket (i.e. his footwork). :cool:

It's all his fault, cause he's so bad and not perfect. :cigar:

Lol at the usual, I understand Cam has had Shula and mediocre targets, an oline that can't block, and injured last year, but damnit he has to be better. The guy has been 90% of the offense. I've said for a long time that I don't know how bad or good Cam truly is because of all the mediocrity surrounding him.

Archived