• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins has begun visits

top dawg

http://bigeasybeliever.com/2015/05/06/will-saints-chance-landing-lael-collins/

Will The Saints Have A Chance At Landing La'el Collins?

David Newton of ESPN also reported that the Carolina Panthers are using their LSU connection in offensive guard Trai Turner to help persuade Collins to sign with them.

The Saints are already getting questions about their tackle situation since Terron Armstead and Zach Strief are the favorites for the left and right positions respectively.

Add Peat to that mix and now it becomes a question of what would be a comfortable fit position wise for both the Saints and Collins.

And speaking of comfort, the Dolphins and Panthers are playing the hometown card better than the Saints could with players that Collins is familiar with and would provide a support system for him.

http://bigeasybeliever.com/2015/05/06/will-saints-chance-landing-lael-collins/

Will The Saints Have A Chance At Landing La'el Collins?

David Newton of ESPN also reported that the Carolina Panthers are using their LSU connection in offensive guard Trai Turner to help persuade Collins to sign with them.

The Saints are already getting questions about their tackle situation since Terron Armstead and Zach Strief are the favorites for the left and right positions respectively.

Add Peat to that mix and now it becomes a question of what would be a comfortable fit position wise for both the Saints and Collins.

And speaking of comfort, the Dolphins and Panthers are playing the hometown card better than the Saints could with players that Collins is familiar with and would provide a support system for him.

Booyah. Suck it suckers.

Article attempts to point out why Collins would be great in Miami....aaaaaaaaaand completely fails to take into account that everything the Dolphins want him for is NOT what Collins wants for himself...nice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/76136/how-lael-collins-would-fit-with-dolphins

How La'el Collins would fit with Dolphins

But how would Collins fit in Miami?

Collins played left tackle in college, but he's projected to play guard or right tackle at the next level. In Miami, Collins is needed most at left guard. He would be a huge favorite to win the job as a first-round talent. Dallas Thomas is the incumbent starter and already on thin ice after a poor season. Miami also drafted fourth-round pick Jamil Douglas in the fourth round to compete and add depth. Billy Turner is the early favorite to start at right guard.

The Dolphins also could use Collins as a backup offensive tackle. He's capable of playing both the left and right side, which is partially why his draft stock was high before recent legal questions.

EDIT: my emphasis added. What Miami wants vs what Collins wants = a cat on his hat

I asked a league insider & he told me teams were scared because La'el Collins SUPPOSEDLY had threatening texts to the woman.

Hmm , Has anyone heard of this from anyone else other then this fool reporting it ?

Hadn't heard ANY details about their relationship. While it would seem to be pretty scary on the surface, anyone going through a break up says emotional things. Unless he threatened to hire someone to kill her or something along those lines I wouldn't be immediately worried about it. But it does tap the breaks a bit....damn. Please be innocent...for a number of reasons.

Four Dolphin players meet with La'el: LB Kelvin Sheppard, WR Jarvis Landry and DT Anthony "Freak" Johnson, who were teammates of Collins at LSU, flew to Louisiana to meet La'el. Joining them on the flight was the Dolphins 2-time Pro Bowl (2013, 2014) center Mike Pouncey (of Florida)

Trey Schmaltz @ treyschmaltz

10h

Anthony Johnson shares this pic on instagram (of Jarvis Landry and Mike Pouncey)..

Anthony Johnson @ freakxlsu

12h

Jet life Going bring my Brother back to South Beach....

CERBGo1WMAI2CcS.jpg

Andy Slater @ AndySlater

11h

Private jet currently headed to Baton Rouge from Opa-locka

airport.

Brett Buffington @ BrettBuffington

10h

Inbound flight to @BTRairport expected to land any minute with

@MiamiDolphins entourage on board @WBRZ

Robi @ Robi2184

8h

Dolphins players getting off jet and boarding a black suv in Baton Rouge.

Trey Schmaltz @ treyschmaltz

9h

We've got video of Miami Dolphins arriving in BR; entourage gets into black SUVs. See it on @WBRZ at 4p.

CEQ0cJ9XIAMziyb.png

CERW5MgWIAAdXPA.jpg

Andy Slater @ AndySlater

2h

Pilot who flew Pouncey, other Dolphins to Louisiana, has been

waiting by aircraft for hours. Guys must be having good time w/

La'el Collins

Andy Slater @ AndySlater

2h

La'el Collins selfie w/ Pouncey, former teammates outside

restaurant in Baton Rouge (pictured L to R are Kelvin Sheppard, La'el Collins, Mike Pouncey, Anthony 'Freak' Johnson)

CESkuU3WIAArNQN.jpg

BRANDON @ BRANDED9_

3h

wheres jarvis

Michael Cauble @ MichaelCauble

2h

talking to me, I ruined his selfie

Michael Cauble @ MichaelCauble

2h

Jarvis said that the Phins didn't foot the bill for the flight. I said, BS, said no for real.

Robi @ Robi2184

2h

#Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry tells @WBRZ he and his

teammates went to Baton Rouge to show support for La'el

Collins not to recruit him.

Robi @ Robi2184

2h

Landry said he'd love to to have Collins as his teammate again

but that decision was up to Collins, reiterated the trip was about

support

CBS 9 Sports Anchor Jacques Doucet @ JacquesDoucet

7h

Anthony "Freak" Johnson came into Walkon's parking lot, said

"you gotta go" and also grabbed camera. @wafb

CBS 9 Sports Anchor Jacques Doucet @ JacquesDoucet

3h

He confronted me in the parking lot, told me to leave and

grabbed my camera. Not a big deal

Robi @ Robi2184

4h

The Private Jet that took The Dolphins to Baton Rouge has yet to leave Baton Rouge, scheduled to depart at 7:02 pm, but the flight has been delayed.

Robi @ Robi2184

2h

La'el Collins will remain in Louisiana, he is NOT coming to Miami with #Dolphins players as it had been speculated.

Is this not considered tampering? They are still part of the Dolphins orginazation. Trey only contacted him on Twitter not went to him in person.

Is this not considered tampering? They are still part of the Dolphins orginazation. Trey only contacted him on Twitter not went to him in person.

It's not tampering for 2 reasons. 1) Collins is a free agent  2) those players are members of the NFLPA union. Rules are different for them talking to other players than other people employed by the NFL

Nevermind just saw he was cleared

Well...I'm losing faith in that story. No one else has reported it yet, the story is vague and without naming specifics. And I am redundant. Anyways, we shall see. Someone else, anyone else, should've picked it up by now if it were true. I think it may just be crappy journalism.

Archived