• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady suspended 4 games, pats lose 1st rounder in 2016 and 4th in 2017

^^Wrong

The NFL IS saying that little Tommy cheated and there was a conspiracy to deflate the balls. Read the letter.

No I think they are saying that the Patriots cheated and they have been disciplined accordingly. I think they are also saying that Tom probably knew about it and was involved but they acknowledge no proof...just a preponderance of circumstantial evidence. What they are suspending him for is the not cooperating. 4 games. Consistent.

At least that's my take. I don't know what letter you are referring to though.

Schefter: Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/597877080894918658

And just so we're all clear on how the world works...

Remember when the Pats were taping defensive signals, and inflating the stats of sub-par players? Remember when they used to trade them away to other teams for draft picks, and they would ultimately end up being garbage elsewhere? 

Well, they picked up one of those guys from a draft pick acquired by trading away a stat-inflated Matt Cassel.

That guy... he's mad about the punishment.

https://twitter.com/PatrickChung23/status/597884710170267649

I've only seen reports that the McNally and Jastremski are suspended indefinitely. I'm wondering if they are still employees of the Patriots and suspended or have they been fired. If fired, they would no longer be represented by the Patriots law firm. I'm sure TMZ could make them an offer for the whole story.

^^Wrong

The NFL IS saying that little Tommy cheated and there was a conspiracy to deflate the balls. Read the letter.

The NFL did indeed conclude that he knew, and participated.

And really? What's the alternative?

"Hey, this football seems a little underinflated. I wonder if somebody did that deliberately. Hmmmmm..."

"Oh well, it's easier to grip so I won't say anything. Guess it's just my lucky day." :unsure:

No I think they are saying that the Patriots cheated and they have been disciplined accordingly. I think they are also saying that Tom probably knew about it and was involved but they acknowledge no proof...just a preponderance of circumstantial evidence. What they are suspending him for is the not cooperating. 4 games. Consistent.

At least that's my take. I don't know what letter you are referring to though.

He's actually correct.

The suspension is a punishment of Brady himself, not the team. The league punished Brady for both taking part in the deflation and non-cooperation with the investigation.

So yes, they view him as a cheater

The loss of draft picks and the fine are levied against the organization because two of its employees took part in the act.

He's actually correct.

The suspension is a punishment of Brady himself, not the team. The league punished Brady for both taking part in the deflation and non-cooperation with the investigation.

So yes, they view him as a cheater

The loss of draft picks and the fine are levied against the organization because two of its employees took part in the act.

I know it's splitting hairs but here are the quotes from the official statement on NFL.com (which I can't link to for some reason):

ok for some reason I can't cut and paste anything at all.

Anyways, I read the statement and the letter to Brady. I think it could be read both ways. I think their wording is careful and deliberate. But I can also see how it could be read to say that they are calling him a cheater...or at least "generally aware" of the cheating. But they didn't accuse of him of actual involvement (actions). They were very specific to talk about his knowledge and his awareness. The only actions they actually say he did or didn't do was not cooperating (handing over phone) and by providing contradictory testimony (lying). But they fall short of accusing him of any action or direction. Just that he knew or was aware.

It's nitpicking I know. And it doesn't change my personal opinion of him. I'm simply doing the mental dance of making an argument. :)

I know it's splitting hairs but here are the quotes from the official statement on NFL.com (which I can't link to for some reason):

ok for some reason I can't cut and paste anything at all.

Anyways, I read the statement and the letter to Brady. I think it could be read both ways. I think their wording is careful and deliberate. But I can also see how it could be read to say that they are calling him a cheater...or at least "generally aware" of the cheating. But they didn't accuse of him of actual involvement (actions). They were very specific to talk about his knowledge and his awareness. The only actions they actually say he did or didn't do was not cooperating (handing over phone) and by providing contradictory testimony (lying). But they fall short of accusing him of any action or direction. Just that he knew or was aware.

It's nitpicking I know. And it doesn't change my personal opinion of him. I'm simply doing the mental dance of making an argument. :)

The wording is what it is for legal reasons.

The only 'action' Brady's not being accused of is actually deflating the balls.  He certainly didn't do that himself, but the 'generally aware' phrase is a nice legal way of saying "you were in on it". 

And seriously, how could he not be.  Heck, even I can tell an underinflated football, and I'm not a quarterback.  You think a guy who's probably handled a football every day of his life since high school doesn't know what a deflated one feels like?

Bottom Line: The League doesn't suspend players to punish teams.  If you get suspended, it's because of something you did.

So yes, he is a cheater, and that stain doesn't generally go away so easily (especially for arrogant pricks like Brady).

The wording is what it is for legal reasons.

The only 'action' Brady's not being accused of is actually deflating the balls.  He certainly didn't do that himself, but the 'generally aware' phrase is a nice legal way of saying "you were in on it". 

And seriously, how could he not be.  Heck, I can tell an underinflated football, and I'm not a quarterback.  You think a guy who's probably handled a football every day of his life since high school doesn't know what an deflated one feels like?

Bottom Line: The League doesn't suspend players to punish teams.  If you get suspended, it's because of something you did.

So yes, he is a cheater, and that stain doesn't generally go away so easily (especially for arrogant pricks like Brady).

Ha! I'm not disagreeing with you from my own personal perspective. And this is a circular argument that works much better in person. So I'll concede to you guys and drop it. :)

Seriously if that's all the punishment being meted out then why shouldn't teams cheat? The Patriots have been caught blatantly disregarding sportsmanship and fair play on multiple occasions. I hope the Panthers are running black ops and covert missions trying to find an unfair advantage. Because at this point if you're not cheating, then you damn sure are not trying.

I swear, you cannot make this stuff up.

Don Yee  (you know, the guy who's been running around screaming everything short of saying that the NFL assassinated John F Kennedy) is of course, Tom Brady's agent.

Guess who else he represents?

SaintsBountiesFo_0409-NY155.jpg

Yep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived