• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam after 4 years

People have been asking for it, so here are Cam's 4 year stats vs all other starting QBs in the league at the same point.

Couple of notes:

All stats are from NFL.com. Most were downloaded directly but some were manually so let me know if you spot any mistakes.

All Stats were taken from the first 4 years that the QB started 10 games or more. Rodgers didn't start 10 games until year 4 so his stats are from seasons 4 to 7.

I've ranked on Average combined yards per game, in my view the most relevant stat for QB value. The arrows show which 33rd percentile the QB ranks in for each stat.

Kaepernick, Luck and Wilson are compared against Cam's first 3 seasons.

post-16231-143153886913_thumb.jpgpost-16231-143153889952_thumb.jpg

Hopefully this helps people make their own minds up about Cams value because a) it's clear he's had one of the most productive first 4 years of any QB in history and B) it took bloody ages to put together.

That must've been one laborious task, my man.

Ha, wasn't too bad. Stats are pretty easy to pull out and then a couple of pivots in Excel. I made sure I ran all the formulas at the end because I didn't want to know what the final stats looked like. Turns out our boy has put up some serious numbers.

His passing stats don't accurately represent his ability. This year will be a really big year for Cam with KB and now Funch as well as the o-line upgraded (though still weak). This is easily the most talent around him since his rookie year, if not better than then.

His passing stats don't accurately represent his ability. This year will be a really big year for Cam with KB and now Funch as well as the o-line upgraded (though still weak). This is easily the most talent around him since his rookie year, if not better than then.

It's weird, when he was a pocket passer the first couple games of the season everything was crisp, zooming throws into tight places, and everything.  When he started running is when things went to poo for the most part.  I guess we can't be lucky enough to have one and the other combined.  

Add in Olsen and this is the year that he can potentially mature as a passer. He's physically gifted to do that. Rogers does a lot of rushing but he's so good as a passer no one considers that a part of his game.

With the no huddle if Cam can see targets early, he can avoid sacks and move the chains with few INTs. Passing is difficult to master but when you do, it's the easier and more effective way to gain yards.

If we run no huddle a poo load it will, but ya know.......Shula.

I think Rivera liked it a lot. But you're right, we know Rivera, one season he's riverboat the next he's back to stoic Ron.

At the end of the day, if you ask me, huddling is done because the OC may see the field better and identify the mismatches. At this point in his career, I think Cam gets defensive concepts and they should let him run the offense, they can always chip in when he struggles.

Take a look at Cams completion percentage vs Lucks. Cam has a better completion percentage but much lower passing average. Obviously if you feed luck and surround him with receiving talent he's going to have better passing numbers. BUT it's not a reflection of accuracy.

It's weird, when he was a pocket passer the first couple games of the season everything was crisp, zooming throws into tight places, and everything.  When he started running is when things went to poo for the most part.  I guess we can't be lucky enough to have one and the other combined.  

I think that may be coincidence, because when he started running again was when the line started breaking down. The line was actually fine in the first couple weeks, but then it started breaking down with injuries and teams getting more film on our horrible players (Chandler). He played really well when the line played well, and was actually in the very early MVP conversation in some media. But when the line started breaking down he really had no choice but to run and had no time to be an effective pocket passer. He was great from the pocket again late in the year when our line was solidified with Turner, Norwell and Remmers inserted (or re-inserted, back from injury).

Archived