• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Winston's work ethic impressing in OTA's

I wouldn't consider Cutler a game manager.

You don't draft a gunslinger to be a game manager.  Lovie may try to force him into that role, but in the end, a guy is gonna be who he is.  Cutler threw his highest number of INTs in his career (26) his first season playing under Lovie.  After that, Lovie tried to force him to be a game manager and Cutler HATED it.  He had his second lowest QBR of his career his last season under Lovie.  His worst was his first season under Lovie.  

One of the biggest challenges new rookie QB's face, is how well do they handle adversity when they start losing.  Most of these guys have done nothing but win 90% of the time since they were 7 years old.  All of the sudden, you've got 20 cameras in your face asking you what happened and why your team has lost 3 in a row.  Oddly enough, Winston has probably handled more adversity in the media already, that he may be better prepared for that than any other rookie QB as of recent to enter the league.

I wouldn't consider Cutler a game manager.

You don't draft a gunslinger to be a game manager.  Lovie may try to force him into that role, but in the end, a guy is gonna be who he is.  Cutler threw his highest number of INTs in his career (26) his first season playing under Lovie.  After that, Lovie tried to force him to be a game manager and Cutler HATED it.  He had his second lowest QBR of his career his last season under Lovie.  His worst was his first season under Lovie.  

​i would consider cutler an abomination lol.

but what changed between jameis first and second years at FSU?

I expect Wilson to struggle this year but end up being good overall and that it will have an impact on Cam. We know already that they are friends and I like Cam having a peer in the division to push him. He already hates losing and I think he'll absolutely want to one up anything Winston does. 

​he can make all the throws and is very intelligent football wise.

the talent level around him in tampa is obscene offensively. I think last year he tried to do to much with too little and forced it.

​You didn't watch Martin last year did ya?  Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, vastly mediocre.  

I would've said the same thing after 2013. But he looked really average last year without Benjamin. He was nowhere near as good. Then again, now he has arguably the best RB/WR/TE core in the NFL so who knows. Martin Sefaris-Jenkins Jackson Evans That's lethal.

Martin won't even be their starter. By the way Green Bay is laughing at that best rb/wr/te core

Yea yea Winston is already headed to the NFL hall of fame.

​We have entirely too many Florida State/Carolina Panthers fans on this board.  Literally confuses me if half of them will be rooting for the Panthers or Winston when we play Tampa this year. 

Archived