• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenton Bersin continues to impress

Jeremy Igo

​I wouldn't be upset at all if Byrd made it over Bersin. That would mean he has made a hell of a lot of progress, because Bersin is already well established.

But the thing with Byrd that people may not be so realistic about is how he will hold up physically in the NFL. He's a good bit smaller than even Corey Brown right now, who experienced his welcome to the NFL moments last year, and battled a few injuries as a result. We have to take this into account.

Definitely. Byrd would be used on gadget plays only IMO. I hope we roll with six WR

kb

funch

corey

ginn

bersin

byrd

cut folkerts if remmers looks adequate at center spot duty. 

Meh...he's too white to play receiver.

/sarcasm.

Actually I'm fine with him being in the mix.  He's looked good at receiver the few times given the chance in games.  Just don't put him back there fielding punts...ever...again.

Edited by stankowalski

Definitely. Byrd would be used on gadget plays only IMO. I hope we roll with six WR

kb

funch

corey

ginn

bersin

byrd

cut folkerts if remmers looks adequate at center spot duty. 

​Can't lie, that depth makes me a little moist.

Definitely have some speed, and anyone who watched our games early last season knows what's it like to lack that.

Edited by TheRed

Some keep throwing around the word "talent", suggesting Bersin's is already defined fully, while that of the other candidates at WR is yet to be determined. I don't get it. Using the same rationale, many of you would never have given Brady a chance. Stop deciding on guys based strictly on how high they were drafted or their measurables. Put the best guys on the field, regardless of pedigree.

• Pie 4

​I mean, if we're down 2 of our top 4 WR's, we're just about fugged anyway. So what exactly is there to debate here?

Benjamin is our #1, Olsen though he is a TE is basically our #2 WR, Funchess would be #3 in that order, Ginn would be #4, then Bersin would be battling it out with Cotchery for #5.

Again, I don't understand all the hyperbole like Bersin is going to be a top 2  or 3 option.

What does he do other than sit and wait for other to be hurt?? 

It's not help on special teams.. 

​Is Percy their 4th WR on the depth chart?  Also, please give specific names..not just one.

Timms is the 4th Wr for the pats and a deep play threat.  Ginn was the 4th Wr for the Cardinals  and a special teams returner.. 

Karl Hankton for years was our 4th and 5th  Wr and also our best special teams player.. 

Dante Hall was a 4yh and 5th Wr and sspecial tteams  and offensive weapon for years.. 

Timms is the 4th Wr for the pats and a deep play threat.  Ginn was the 4th Wr for the Cardinals  and a special teams returner.. 

Karl Hankton for years was our 4th and 5th  Wr and also our best special teams player.. 

Dante Hall was a 4yh and 5th Wr and sspecial tteams  and offensive weapon for years.. 

​I have never heard of Timms so I would appreciate it if you could tell me more about him.. I know that the Patriots have a history of making receivers look good, so I'm not sure yet if he is a good example.

Ginn could end being our WR4, and was probably considered a disappointment for the Cardinals.

The other two arent even in the league anymore..

It sounds like your biggest problem is that Bersin cant play special teams..those were the only examples you gave.  So is it a rule that every WR low on the depth chart MUST play special teams?  I need more current examples to see if we are one of the few teams that doesnt go by that rule.

​Just saw that Tyms had 5 catches last year..probably not a good example..