• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charles Godfrey

making strides?....kid got abused late last season.

Just a question, but what's your beef with Godfrey? I understand that you do not like him as our FS, and there's nothing wrong with that (everyone's entitled to an opinion). But pretty much after every positive (or even non-negative) post about Godfrey, you jump in and bash him...hard. It's like you cannot tolerate anything but pure revulsion towards Godfrey by anyone. It just comes across as more personal than simply not liking his play on the field.

Don't mean anything by the question, but it's something that I've been wondering about for awhile.

Just a question, but what's your beef with Godfrey? I understand that you do not like him as our FS, and there's nothing wrong with that (everyone's entitled to an opinion). But pretty much after every positive (or even non-negative) post about Godfrey, you jump in and bash him...hard. It's like you cannot tolerate anything but pure revulsion towards Godfrey by anyone. It just comes across as more personal than simply not liking his play on the field.

Don't mean anything by the question, but it's something that I've been wondering about for awhile.

it is part Godfrey's play and part frustration w/ Fox tinkering w/ rookies at new positions for their 1st year. I probably am a little too hard on the kid but I just get tired of stubborn Fox not correcting obvious mistakes.....Godfrey has talent....he might just not be ready to start b/c the NFL is an adjustment and a new position added on to that....or he might just be suited better for CB. If Fox wanted a S he should have drafted one. He wanted a CB last year.....he should have drafted one. So, again it is part Godfrey and part frustration w/ Fox........but Godfrey is getting both of my frustrations I guess.

plus, the initial suggestion in the thread was so over the top....

He didn't play well last year (except for a few plays).

But I do think he gets a little too much crap around here. Every time you see Godfrey mentioned you get the same stuff. You can't expect a rookie who played corner in college to come in and start at FS and look good.

The good news is he can only get better. Let's hope he turns into a solid starter.

He's okay. He probably will never be a star, more like a Chris Harris.

he'd be lucky to be like chris harris, who is already one of the better SS in the league.

Godfrey can't even tackle. For those n00bs who don't know ass about poo (most of the people in this thread) you don't learn how to tackle. Tackling is something you either can or can't do out of college. It's a mindset that some people have and some people don't. Richard Marshall has it, Chris Gamble doesn't, for example. Chris Harris has it, Charles Godfrey can't tackle anything.

that's not something he can be taught. With work, he can become a passable coverage safety. He'll still never be able to take a player down.

As it stands right now, Charles Godfrey is a really poor man's Michael Huff, and that's a pretty shitty thing to be.

He didn't play well last year (except for a few plays).

But I do think he gets a little too much crap around here. Every time you see Godfrey mentioned you get the same stuff. You can't expect a rookie who played corner in college to come in and start at FS and look good.

The good news is he can only get better. Let's hope he turns into a solid starter.

exactly. he shouldn't have been on the field. if Fox wants to convert all these guy he needs better options on the field while they learn and to see if they can even make the move.

it is part Godfrey's play and part frustration w/ Fox tinkering w/ rookies at new positions for their 1st year. I probably am a little too hard on the kid but I just get tired of stubborn Fox not correcting obvious mistakes.....Godfrey has talent....he might just not be ready to start b/c the NFL is an adjustment and a new position added on to that....or he might just be suited better for CB. If Fox wanted a S he should have drafted one. He wanted a CB last year.....he should have drafted one. So, again it is part Godfrey and part frustration w/ Fox........but Godfrey is getting both of my frustrations I guess.

plus, the initial suggestion in the thread was so over the top....

Thanks, that makes sense. Fox does like to tinker with players, doesn't he. In general, I don't have a problem with it as long as the player's skill set is better suited to the new position. But I wish if he was going to do it, he would at least give the guy a chance to learn the position rather than thrust him into a key role right away. I think the normal transition to the NFL is difficult enough for a rookie, let alone also having to learn a new position at the same time.

Archived