• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cerebral move for future..?

bLACKpANTHER

Golden State will pay anything and with Bird Rights and contract voodoo they'll be able to pay more. For Curry to come here he is going to want to come home for less (still gonna be a lot) and bring a struggling franchise out of the cellar. That's the only way Curry plays for the Hornets in 2 years.

Even though GS will be able to offer him much more he'd still make more money in NC because CA taxes are insane.

How pissed would everyone be if Curry tested free agency and we didn't even offer him...

What if we finished one game out of the playoffs this year and Jordan spends all our cap resigning Batum, Jefferson, and Williams so we dont have the space to go after Curry.

Nah, if they want Curry, which they do, they'll hold the space to sign him. 

The thing that scares the pics out of me about that, more than the doomsday scenarios you all have posted above, is what if he signs mega extension well before he even reaches FA?  Talk about a let down...  Just look at this forum.  We know we suck at drafting so we most likely aren't gonna get a superstar through that, and how many different threads have we had here about bringing Steph home?  It shows that our fanbase knows we have been a poorly run organization for most, if not all, of our history, we don't trust our FO to find a star on their own, nor do we trust them to leverage one here because of our history of ineptitude, so we put all of our hopes into Steph coming to save us due to the sentimentality of it being home.  That is the sad truth.  And I admit, I will be crushed beyond crushed if he never even gets to the open market for us to have a chance.

All that being said, i believe (and very much hope) that he will NOT sign an extension before his contract is up because it is in his (and every other star) best interest to maximize their earnings.  And the only way to do that is have multiple bidders.

He may very well never come here.  But if he does make it to the end of his contract and we don't go 100% all-in to get him here and at least give him something to think about I will rage and burn TWC Arena to the ground

Nah, if they want Curry, which they do, they'll hold the space to sign him. 

The thing that scares the pics out of me about that, more than the doomsday scenarios you all have posted above, is what if he signs mega extension well before he even reaches FA?  Talk about a let down...  Just look at this forum.  We know we suck at drafting so we most likely aren't gonna get a superstar through that, and how many different threads have we had here about bringing Steph home?  It shows that our fanbase knows we have been a poorly run organization for most, if not all, of our history, we don't trust our FO to find a star on their own, nor do we trust them to leverage one here because of our history of ineptitude, so we put all of our hopes into Steph coming to save us due to the sentimentality of it being home.  That is the sad truth.  And I admit, I will be crushed beyond crushed if he never even gets to the open market for us to have a chance.

All that being said, i believe (and very much hope) that he will NOT sign an extension before his contract is up because it is in his (and every other star) best interest to maximize their earnings.  And the only way to do that is have multiple bidders.

As likely the second recipient in NBA history of a 200 million dollar deal (after LeBron) I'm sure the NBPA would be none too happy with him skipping unrestricted free agency. 

He's one of if not the most underpaid athlete in sports right now.

Guys, I do not see how he doesnt come here. Especially having just won the NBA championship for GS. He can leave with ZERO regrets. 

He is from Charlotte / family lives here. 

His father played for Charlotte. 

He grew up a Charlotte fan. 

No way he doesnt come home. 

Archived