• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WILL beat the Eagles

dmo4455

Well I was looking at the Panthers/Eagles prediction thread. I did exaggerate when I said most of them think they'll lose. It's actually about HALF of them. Mostly due to our good running game and a couple of individuals cited the Eagles' defensive weakness.

Hope that squares things away. :)

And if you're a member over there, here's the thread.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=556603&hl=panthers&st=0

Haha point taken, but the funny thing is that most regulars of the board don't hang out in the section "TATE" They are refered to as "TATERS" and most of them are noobs.

I'm gonna go ahead and put my neck out there right now. With the Eagles defense losing there middle linebacker for the year and with the loss of there secondary leader(Brian Dawkins) i see Jake and Steve having big days. Also the Eagles run defense will get exposed by Deangelo! I'm holding out hope that the Panthers D will get these tackling issues straight for week 1. Fox will have these guys doing tackling drills all week and you will see a better tackling team then what we've been seeing. I predict we beat the Eagles 28-17. What's everyones thoughts?

Possible. I'm about 50-50.

I know Fox didn't have the team do as much hitting in camp because he wanted to play for the long haul. Other teams looked more physical than us in preseason because of it, especially the Giants. Coughin is notorious for going full bore early on, but equally notorious for his teams having late season swoons because he's worked them too hard (with one year being the exception).

I'm going to have to look hard at this one before making a pick.

I have no idea what kind of team we have. Considering we were giving up tons of points near the end of last year and still winning games I think we can somehow keep afloat till the defense comes around. However the defense may already be here and Fox and Meeks have been pulling a 4 week bait and switch job. Unlike in some years, I see talent all over the field. We actually have stud athletes on both sides of the ball. We aren't slow, we aren't old. TBH I think we either lose or we crush the eagles. No in between.

I have no idea what kind of team we have. Considering we were giving up tons of points near the end of last year and still winning games I think we can somehow keep afloat till the defense comes around. However the defense may already be here and Fox and Meeks have been pulling a 4 week bait and switch job. Unlike in some years, I see talent all over the field. We actually have stud athletes on both sides of the ball. We aren't slow, we aren't old. TBH I think we either lose or we crush the eagles. No in between.

Last I checked we had 4 DT's on the roster that are really just about next to suckdom from what has been shown so far. Think again.

Last I checked we had 4 DT's on the roster that are really just about next to suckdom from what has been shown so far. Think again.

Trust me I have been thinking about it. I have been in full Buddhist Monk meditation about this. Wasn't like Kemo was dominating the line of scrimmage. My opinion of course but other than Minnesota Williams boys, Haynesworth, Sometimes Jenkins, whoever is playing nose for baltimore this week (they always find awesome NT's) and one or two others, I don't see many game changing defensive tackles in the league. What do the other teams in the league do?

We won't be dominate, but I think we will be adequate. Hell, if we just held on to half of the picks from last year our defense would have been in the upper half of the leagues defenses.

I hope the run game picks up where it left off in the second half of last season, grinding, grinding...bam! big run. Samuels is a great corner along with Brown, so Jake will have to be smart and take advantage of their mediocre linebackers and use his checkdowns, and we must pick up their blitzes!!!!

I see Philly using a pass attack like a rush attack, small chunks on quick passes on slants and in the flats. Our corners will have their hands full, hopefully jamming and their wr's, disrupting their timing while our ends force McRibb into a bad pass.

Holy f**k...you are back on for 5 minutes and have posted 3 negative posts.

Please do us all a huge favor and just STFU.

We all know the Panthers have some holes and issues they have to address. And they will be addressed.

You take every opportunity to bash this team, its players, its coaches, its fans. You are either a troll or one of the most piss poor fans of a team I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.

Either way, this team and its fans would be better off without the likes of you.

After reading several of G Man Is Right posts.,i believe he is a young kid trying to get attention that mom and dad won't give him.

The last time the Eagles were here it was about 60/40 panthers and that was the year we went to the super bowl. This sure as hell aint no super bowl team. the Eagles will definitely be the home team next week. No question about it!

and you will be watching from mommy's basement in your underwear eating your boogers

I can care less wether you think I am a fan or a troll. I pay money to go to every game as well as road games every year. If your definition of a fan is to sugar coat everything and predict them to win every game then I probably aint a fan. To me a real fan calls it like it is. If Im down on the team Im going to say it wether other people like it or not. And right now I am very down on this team! Im sick of the inconsisteny every year. Every year I pick them to do well and then they go 7-9. You never know what you are going to get with this team under Fox and I for one am sick of it. Until I see consistency and until I see them live up to expectations then I will continue to call them out on it.

This booger-eater says we WILL WIN 7 games this year, but I GUARANTEE he will pick us to lose EVERY week.

Panthers get the ball first. Hand off to Dwille for 3 yrds against 8 in the box. Another handoff to Dwille trying to go outside for 2yrs leaving us 3rd and long. Play action fake to Dwill and errant off-the-mark high throw by Jake to Smitty for 3 and out.

Eagles return kickoff for nice 35yrd gain. Play action bomb for 40yrds opening up the run. Screen to Westbrook for another 30yrds as Panthers miss tackle after tackle. Ball on the 18. Qback option and McNabb has all day to decide where he wants to go to in the end zone. Pep double teamed and get no pressure. After what seems for eternity McNabb throws an easy score to his tight end in the end zone.

This sets the tone for what will be a dissappointingly long day as the Eagles expose our weak Dline and McNabb picks us apart and Westbrook eats us alive with his elusiveness and our weak tackling. Jake shows us that he never really recovered from Tommy John and just isn't the same anymore with is inconsistent throws and lack of accuracy. Dwille shows us flashes of brilliance but it's not enough for what will be a dissappointed and long Panthers season.

LET THE HATE BEGIN!! :P

your math is terrible!!!

Panthers get the ball first. Hand off to Dwille for 3 yrds against 8 in the box. Another handoff to Dwille trying to go outside for 2yrs leaving us 3rd and long. Play action fake to Dwill and errant off-the-mark high throw by Jake to Smitty for 3 and out.

Eagles return kickoff for nice 35yrd gain. Play action bomb for 40yrds opening up the run. Screen to Westbrook for another 30yrds as Panthers miss tackle after tackle. Ball on the 18. Qback option and McNabb has all day to decide where he wants to go to in the end zone. Pep double teamed and get no pressure. After what seems for eternity McNabb throws an easy score to his tight end in the end zone.

When did they lengthen the field to 123 yards?

For that matter, when did they start kicking off after three and outs instead of punting?

Archived