• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's your breakout player for 2015-2016 season?

Ja  Rhule

I always like to make this threads  and then go back and see who got it right.  

Last year I picked Arsenals (call me a homer) Alex Chamberlain and dude was on fire...  He won starting job and looked like what Sterling looked like in 2013...  Too bad half way thru the season Chamberlain picked up an injury that kept him out for the rest of the season.  Chamberlain is a unique player... He's almost 6'0 tall and 160lbs and one of the fastest players in EPL with absolutely ridiculous acceleration for his size.  Great dribbler but very bad striker...  If dude learns how to shoot, watch out.  I'll pick him this year again...  He's on a verge of greatness.  Dude is only 21 years old.

I'm actually picking Harry Kane to regress a bit this year. I'll be surprised if he gets to 15 goals.

As far as my breakout player, I'm going to go with Jordon Ibe. He showed flashes of real skill last year in limited duty. I think he gets a little more time in the squad this year and his partnership with Sturridge really helps him flourish.

I'm actually picking Harry Kane to regress a bit this year. I'll be surprised if he gets to 15 goals.

IDK as long as Tottenham keeps him in the first team and doesnt continue to force the failed Soldado experiment I think Kane gets 20 goals easily. Dude is a killer finisher.

As far as my breakout player, I'm going to go with Jordon Ibe. He showed flashes of real skill last year in limited duty. I think he gets a little more time in the squad this year and his partnership with Sturridge really helps him flourish.

I'd tend to agree. He runs a lot and tries hard but he's doesn't really do anything that sets him apart. He's had his purple patch. Will likely be 10-15 goals a year striker with the odd 20 goal season thrown in.

Breakout player...eh the right back that replaces Clyne. That place is a full back factory.

IDK as long as Tottenham keeps him in the first team and doesnt continue to force the failed Soldado experiment I think Kane gets 20 goals easily. Dude is a killer finisher.

You may be right. When he gets his chance, he usually takes it well. I've watched Kane play a ton and he's mostly a right place, right time kind of striker. His physical skillset doesn't set him apart. That's why I think teams will be able to key in on what he does and cut it out. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

You may be right. When he gets his chance, he usually takes it well. I've watched Kane play a ton and he's mostly a right place, right time kind of striker. His physical skillset doesn't set him apart. That's why I think teams will be able to key in on what he does and cut it out. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

he definitely lacks the kind of speed, strength, and technique you usually find in top strikers so i can see where you're coming from.

Obviously Kane was the guy last season and no one would have guessed him. I love the guy and hope he can keep it up. Just wish his Fifa card had more pace!

fug if I know who it's gonna be. Probably some young guy we've never heard of... and that's why you play the games.

I'm with Plewis here. I have no idea who will be breakout player of the year, but here's a couple of guys I'm interested in seeing how they do at their new clubs.

Angelo Ogbanna for WHU - the guy has talent, and I think this is a good fit for him. I key more on defenders, since I played that my entire soccer life, and I like what I see from him. It'll be all in how he adjusts coming from Juve to the EPL though. Some guys make it just fine, some guys get lost in the shuffle. We'll see though...

Danny Ings is my front runner for BPOY. Coming from Burnley, where he had a very limited supporting cast, to Liverpool, where he'll have not only a fight to break into a starting role, but a good mix of talent around him, should do wonders for his production. Personally, I think he takes this chance and really shines... which sucks, because we were in for him too, lol.

I also want to see how Galatasaray use Podolski. I know what everyone thinks of Wenger, but for some reason, Podolski just looked like he didn't fit into the style Arsenal employed, which seemed to me to limit his abilities. I'm curious to see if G-ray can coax the best out of Podolski, and if he settles quickly.

Archived