• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So we cut Marlon Favorite and kept Hilee Taylor?

CatMan72

I think we all fell in love with Favorite and J. Leman because this happens every preseason. It's obvious the coaching staff wasn't high on either of them and now I feel better about the DT situation than ever before.

Good point. A lot of fans fell in love with Taye Biddle too, and some of them were seriously afraid that cutting him would come back to haunt us. The same thing happened with "the predator", but when all was said and done, he went hungry because he could never catch his prey. He was a really loud barker though.

Hell, a lot of fans fell in love with Beavers before they ever even saw him play...why, I have no idea. Personally, I don't want a 160lb punt returner who is gonna fumble the damn ball the first time he takes a good lick.

You're right, if happens every single year and this year is actually the worst, IMO. There are too many nuts on this board that fall in love with a name or a 40 time.

Yeah I do but I'm tired of people acting like Hilee Taylor is a bum, there is a reason we kept him last season and that's the same reason we kept him again this season. He's got the potential to be a very good DE once Peppers and Brayton are gone.

UNC talent is nowhere near SEC talent. Not even close.

Taylor played well when he got his chances, we was a constant menace in the backfield on passing downs, why would we cut him? Especially now that he seems ideally suited for Meeks' system of smaller, faster DE's.

I was glad to see him make the roster as it gives us another pass rusher AND ST'er.

After watching our last preseason game, the future is looking bright for our pass rush :party:

UNC talent is nowhere near SEC talent. Not even close.

Yeah you're right... Julius Peppers, Greg Ellis, Jeff Saturday, Dre Bly, Alge Crumpler, Kevin Donnalley, Ebenezer Ekuban, Madison Hedgecock, Vonnie Holliday, Natrone Means, Willie Parker, not to mention HOF Lawrence Taylor.

What scrubs those bastards are...

Yeah you're right... Julius Peppers, Greg Ellis, Jeff Saturday, Dre Bly, Alge Crumpler, Kevin Donnalley, Ebenezer Ekuban, Madison Hedgecock, Vonnie Holliday, Natrone Means, Willie Parker.

What scrubs those bastards are...

You forgot Lawrence Taylor and Mario Williams.

Archived