• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp Notes and Photos - Day 4

Jeremy Igo

I think Amini at LT and stonewalling Kony says more about Kony than it does Amini.

I hated the Kony pick, and he was complete ass last year.  Yeah, he got better towards the end of the season and he was just a rookie... but he just looked completely overwhelmed.  I'm not really expecting much out of him while just hoping for the best.

he was not complete ass last year. And for the record he made some plays against Seattle in the playoffs. I rewatched it last week. And he jumped out a few times.

I think Amini at LT and stonewalling Kony says more about Kony than it does Amini.

I hated the Kony pick, and he was complete ass last year.  Yeah, he got better towards the end of the season and he was just a rookie... but he just looked completely overwhelmed.  I'm not really expecting much out of him while just hoping for the best.

Kony was a PFWA and SI All-Rookie selection.  Who should we have taken at 60?

• Pie 1

i'm honestly shocked by some of the comments here about Kony and by well-respected posters. He flashed last year. Beating Joe Thomas for the sack with his first step quickness. Containing Marshawn in the playoffs (two notable, impressive stops). He was impressive in spurts for a rook.

Kony is not Greg Hardy and probably never will be. He doesn't have that type of athleticism. But he can be a CJesque type of player for us. And that would kick major ass.

Give the dude time. I know we desperately want another 10+ sack rusher on the line but we can be ok with a healthy rotation of Addison/Kony/Alexander/Horton.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 7

I'm not too worried about Ealy. He's smart and came on strong at the end of the year. Some guys struggle in camp and some guys flourish. Ealy is a young DE who is still growing, and we've taken that for granted given the talent that surrounds him. My faith is still strong. 

Same college and everything... if only the scouts had been watching the offensive film.

http://www.nfl.com/player/justinbritt/2550135/profile

Started all 16 games at RT for the seahawks. 

But, you know, hindsight and such

For the record, Britt allowed 41 QB hurries last season.  That was the 2nd most in the NFL.  I'm just going to assume that Bryon Bell allowed the most.

• Pie 1

http://www.nfl.com/player/justinbritt/2550135/profile

Started all 16 games at RT for the seahawks. 

But, you know, hindsight and such

I'd still rather have Kony, even in hindsight.  Especially after getting Remmers and Williams how we did and most especially after seeing the bust city picks of Kouandjio, Sankey, SJB, Moses, et al littered throughout the 2nd/3rd.

Edited by ctrcat
  • Pie 1

dude had a first round grade from almost all evaluators. DEs rarely come into the league and straight up dominate.