• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The absolute most heartbreaking thing about our WR situation..

PanthersUnited

And honestly, if this o-line shows it can consistently play at this level against dominant players on the other side, why wouldn't they be in discussion for being elite pass blockers? We have a full season ahead of us; let's not dwell on last year's failure on the offensive line. Young players have improved and Oher is looking very well and in great shape.

Is we finally might just have the best pass protecting O line in the league (if the last two pre season games against two of the best D lines in the league is any indication of things to come and that level of play carries over) 

and yet we dont have the WRs now to take full advantage of our O line, I will be completely honest. I dont know which is worse, having such a good O line to tease us and no WRs to take advantage of the time Cam has now in the pocket, or having a bad O line with no WRs because you could atleast take some solace in knowing that good WRs wouldnt have mattered anyway with our bad O line.

Its going to be so so painful to finally watching Cam have the space and time in the pocket of Manning or Brady but our WRs drop catch after catch.

If the OL is good then more time for Cam to get to his 2nd or 3rd read = more possible catches = more drive = more td. 

You still wanna bet on the losing record for the Panther you posted earlier , you act like you know it all.

Honestly, PU threads can be semi-okay every now and again (not this one) but some users have this go-to 'derail and ruin every thread he makes' mode they get into. 

He's smarter than Shelbypanther and Haplo E, at least.

(granted, that's like saying he's a better actor than Pauly Shore)

I think best pass protecting O line is a stretch. I think the line has looked good in pass protection (they could definitely improve opening holes for the backs). With good protection, Cam will find the open man, and catches will be made. I think it is about 5 or 6 weeks too early to give up on the other WRs on the roster. 

Honestly, PU threads can be semi-okay every now and again (not this one) but some users have this go-to 'derail and ruin every thread he makes' mode they get into. 

It how he brings people together.  Hating on PU post are the closest thing to solidarity you can find around here.

Last time I checked the qb has a lot more to do with making a wide receive than the other way around. Look at brady, manning, and even the Seahawks. You don't need hall of fame receivers to win a super bowl. I'd prefer a stout o-line all day over pro bowl receivers. If cam is as good as we are all hoping and wanting him to be, we will be fine. If anything, we should be ecstatic that cam may have a good OL for the first time in his career. 

Archived