• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Haters

ThinkAboutIt

Are these guys haters?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. How would you describe the analysts who picked the Jaguars?

• Haters
    • Reasonable
    • Clairvoyant
    • Bersin

Its going to be a tough game for both teams so i understand why some of these morons like Jaworski are picking the Jags.  But i also know that to a man, every idiot pictured in that chart has not seen more than 10 plays of Panthers football this preseason.  So I attribute their picks to flat ignorance.

In other words, "Bersin"?

It's football. Anything can happen. 

To be more specific, it's week one football.

Nobody has much of anything solid to go on other than preseason and speculation, and experienced analysts know preseason can fool ya.

The picks they put in tend to reflect their historical opinion of the teams and/or what our records were last season. And honestly, for the majority who aren't tasked with covering us directlly, the Panthers and Jaguars are both medium to low-level teams so it's basically a coin flip.

Unlikely anybody would ever want to admit it because it's their job to be to be 'experts', but any and all picks right now are really little more than educated guesses. 

We traditionally start slow under Ron, I think we have a winning % under .400 with him in September?  We are also a defensive team that does not score in bunches, which is the recipe for a close game.  The loss of KB as a red zone threat will obviously make scoring points more difficult than normal.  If I were gambling this is the type of game that would intrigue me.

Archived