• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Disrespect Taken to New Level

TouchMeNot97

Why? If the Eagles lose someone from the O-line or if Gaither goes down at MLB they will be pulling me from the stands to fill in. That is scary.

Don't be surprised if they sign 84 year old Jon Runyan back before the weekend and he is on the field Sunday....that is how bad it is right now. The Panthers are catching the Iggles at the perfect time.....of course the Panthers have a few issues of their own they are trying to work out also...

I think the Cats D has no hope vs Philly's O. They aren't tackling well and Philly is great at YAC.

I think the Cats OL has shown that while they can pick up the opposing D's schemes/stunts pretty well this preseason, they can't actually beat the opposing defense physically at the LOS very well. Also they are getting too many penalties and making bad down and distance for themselves which is about the LAST THING ON EARTH you want to do against an aggressive D like Philly's.

The panthers biggest problem in the preseason was TURNOVERS!! It amazes me that we could turn it over that much and most people just glaze over it.

The Pitt game was a prime example, had we not turned it over the game would have been a W. Same could be said for all the preseason games.

After the way last season ended you'd think that turnovers would be our biggest concern, but no, for some reason everyone is freaking out about the D-line, and the D as a whole.

The panthers biggest problem in the preseason was TURNOVERS!! It amazes me that we could turn it over that much and most people just glaze over it.

The Pitt game was a prime example, had we not turned it over the game would have been a W. Same could be said for all the preseason games.

After the way last season ended you'd think that turnovers would be our biggest concern, but no, for some reason everyone is freaking out about the D-line, and the D as a whole.

That's a good point. Perhaps it isn't something that is being talked about because the main source of it was rookies and backups.

I think the Cats D has no hope vs Philly's O. They aren't tackling well and Philly is great at YAC.

That I agree with...although we don't have the elite name receiver like Steve Smith, we have a group of 4-5 guys and a scheme that allows for a lot of YAC against a team that is not tackling well.......that is as long as McNabb is not throwing the ball at their feet.

That's a good point. Perhaps it isn't something that is being talked about because the main source of it was rookies and backups.

Regardless of them being rookies and backups those same fumblers will be playing sunday (Munnerlyn, Goodson, Moore)

We just gotta hold onto the damn ball!

I think the Cats OL has shown that while they can pick up the opposing D's schemes/stunts pretty well this preseason, they can't actually beat the opposing defense physically at the LOS very well. Also they are getting too many penalties and making bad down and distance for themselves which is about the LAST THING ON EARTH you want to do against an aggressive D like Philly's.

also, as great as the OL was last season....didn't they also lead the league in penalties?

That I agree with...although we don't have the elite name receiver like Steve Smith, we have a group of 4-5 guys and a scheme that allows for a lot of YAC against a team that is not tackling well.......that is as long as McNabb is not throwing the ball at their feet.

Right, IMO just like GB's corps, not big names but quite competent if not good as a corps.

McNabb will never have seen so many wide open WRs in his life I am afraid.

Regardless of them being rookies and backups those same fumblers will be playing sunday (Munnerlyn, Goodson, Moore)

We just gotta hold onto the damn ball!

True dat...wasn't trying to minimize your point at all (and I know that's not what you think I was doing anyway :) ), it was an excellent point.

also, as great as the OL was last season....didn't they also lead the league in penalties?

Oh god they were horrible ( I think they were THE worst in the NFL in false starts last year) and it didn't look any better this preseason. I really hope they are working on this a bunch. WRs should never have false starts and even they are effing up big there.

Dang, if our team is that bad I don't even know if it will be worth watching...

No really, the Eagles didn't look super shiney top 3 in the pre-season either people. Colts, Patriots, even the Jags walked up the field on their starting defense, I know, I got all their games. Their defense my look better on paper, but no...

I'm not gonna hand them the game because our defense looked poor in the preseason, f-that. We'll win this game by more than a TD. Thats my prediction.

This is ProFootballTalk's pick for our game:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32779492/?pg=8#spt_PFT_picks_09

I guess we have turned into the Lions in their eyes.

There's only one way to make this kind of analyse go away.........pound the poo out of Philly, Atl. and Dallas. Then we won't have to hear it again until we play another playoff game.

Apparently they are not taking into consideration the issues we have at MLB, the rookie starting safety, and the fact the we have an thrown together O-line that have never played together in a game and apparently will now be missing 2 starters with Shawn Andrews in shorts today during practice.

I think the Eagles will score but if the Eagles hold the Panthers to 16, it will because the Panthers didn't execute, not becuase we stopped them.

How does it feel to have the media kiss your teams ass? I just wanna know.

Archived