• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much better is Polamalu?

Udogg

How much better is Polamalu than Chris Harris/ Godfrey? Scale of 1 to 10? Reason I made this thread is because there is a noticeable difference to Pittsburgh's defense now that Polamalu is out. I am wondering if we were to upgrade lets just say the SS/FS position would we look as good as Pittsburgh's defense looks?

Please no mention of Peppers and salary caps. I know Polamalu's and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees I am thinking maybe thats the missing component of our defense. I know we need DT's, but everyone else seems to get by with whomever they put at DT. Look at Tennesse's front four.

Polamalu/Ed Reed are a 10 btw. I can't think of any 1's to mention as the bottom of the scale.

I think Chris Harris is a 6 and Godfrey a 5.

How much better is Polamalu than Chris Harris/ Godfrey? Scale of 1 to 10? Reason I made this thread is because there is a noticeable difference to Pittsburgh's defense now that Polamalu is out. I am wondering if we were to upgrade lets just say the SS/FS position would we look as good as Pittsburgh's defense looks?

Please no mention of Peppers and salary caps. I know Polamalu's and Ed Reeds don't grow on trees I am thinking maybe thats the missing component of our defense. I know we need DT's, but everyone else seems to get by with whomever they put at DT. Look at Tennesse's front four.

Polamalu/Ed Reed are a 10 btw. I can't think of any 1's to mention as the bottom of the scale.

I think Chris Harris is a 6 and Godfrey a 5.

based on the first quarter, Polamalu is a 20.

But add in the fact he is always getting injured, stupid personal fouls and bad hair and it brings him back down to a 12.

Last year Chris was a solid 7 or even 8. Preseason he was a 4.

That is about as subjective as I can get.

dude it is not even close. Polamalu is head and shoulders above any safety we have or have ever had on our roster. The thing about our safeties is that if they make a big play it is surprising. For Polamalu it doesn't surprise you for him to make a big play ANYWHERE on the field....in the backfield with a sack or tackle for a loss....a tackle up the middle at the line of scrimmage....an interception at the linebacker level...and interception on a top tier WR...etc...it doesn't surprise you because he is wherever the ball is. We don't have a safety like that. or anywhere near it.

Not even remotely a conversation. We drop our guys in zones typically. He is forced into one on one coverage due to blitz (which is why pitts d is so good) What your noticing is pitts backing off of blitzing, possibly because hairdo is out. Although they are dialing it up a notch here late.

Harris is a 5. terrible against pass great against run

Godfrey 3. Still learning

Hairdo 10 Has a complete game and could be the best FOOTBALL player in the NFL.

He takes the best angles to the ball carrier I think I have ever seen.

Archived