• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From 2011-2012 the panthers were 2-12 in games decided by 7 points or less. Since 2013 we are 12-4

Ricky Spanish

For the longest time, when the chips were down it was a foregone conclusion that the panthers would find a way to lose every close game they played. For the past couple years though, that impending doom feeling has been replaced by hope and optimism.

I'll admit the old habits crept in after that second pick Cam threw. But this isn't your father's panthers. This team can win the close ones. This team doesn't pack it in at the first sign of adversity. It seems like the Riverboat has built a hard nosed football team that finds ways to win. 

The Cardiac Cats are back.

A lot of that is the growth and maturity of our players and coaches, so I dont want to take anything away from that.

But also, a lot of it is just regression to the mean. We were SO unlucky for two years.  Every important bounce went against us.  At some point those bounces had to go our way and even out.

Seattle is kind of going the opposite direction.  They got so many breaks last two years.  Now everyone is wondering what is wrong.  Nothing is wrong with Seattle.  They are a really good team that has lost 4 close games that in the past, they won, sometimes in lucky fashion.

A lot of that is the growth and maturity of our players and coaches, so I dont want to take anything away from that.

But also, a lot of it is just regression to the mean. We were SO unlucky for two years.  Every important bounce went against us.  At some point those bounces had to go our way and even out.

Seattle is kind of going the opposite direction.  They got so many breaks last two years.  Now everyone is wondering what is wrong.  Nothing is wrong with Seattle.  They are a really good team that has lost 4 close games that in the past, they won, sometimes in lucky fashion.

The Seahawks really have been the luckiest team in the league the past few years. Everyone remembers the last play in the super bowl, but that was only set up because of the luckiest play I think I've ever seen.

Archived