• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prevent Mode: Dear Ron Rivera...

ThinkAboutIt

I think some are taking the offense having more productive drives in the 2nd half or using the clock more effectively as an indictment on Cam and that's weird. 

7 3 and outs in the 2nd half. You can't do that every game and it not catch up with you.

Packers had one 3 and out yet used nearly 2 mins. We had one 3 and out this was similar but the rest very little time.

All I'm saying is clean that one part up and you rock people the rest of the way.

3 minutes ago, pstall said:

I think some are taking the offense having more productive drives in the 2nd half or using the clock more effectively as an indictment on Cam and that's weird. 

7 3 and outs in the 2nd half. You can't do that every game and it not catch up with you.

Packers had one 3 and out yet used nearly 2 mins. We had one 3 and out this was similar but the rest very little time.

All I'm saying is clean that one part up and you rock people the rest of the way.

Well, if people are going to constantly complain that Shula is too conservative, then you gotta call Cam out when Shula is going for it and Cam is missing the throws. The plays were there to be had all day long.

6 minutes ago, pstall said:

This^^^ can't put it all on the defense.  Offense has to become more effective at their jobs in the second half to prevent our D from getting gassed.

If people are expecting this offense to lead the way on anything...I am sorry, but they WILL disappoint you.

I don't care if the offense has 100 straight 3 and outs in a half...We are NOT built around that unit. As long as the offense is not turning over the ball or otherwise putting the defense in a tough spot...It is on them (defense) to carry this team. And we will ONLY go as far as they will take us.

If the Huddle/Panthers wanted it any other way we would have gone out in free agency or in the draft and gotten help for our offense to be more explosive or carry a bigger burden.

When KB went down, the Panthers would have done more to fill the void he left. You noticed that when CJ went down the front office IMMEDIATELY went and traded for Allen.

That is a team that is focused on building an elite defense to lead the way.

The time to ask this offense to not go three and out, or score more, or protect the defense was in the OFF SEASON. Instead we continued to build around the defense.

The defense MUST continue to step up and CANNOT look to the almost talent-less offense to bail THEM out.

39 minutes ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

When I say "Prevent Mode" I'm not talking about the defensive side of the ball. When your whole approach to offense changes from what's working just because you're ahead, you stop pounding. 

Ok so on that last cam interception was that prevent mode? Because in case you missed they tried to force a first down when they could of easily ran the ball( what u would call prevent mode) and ran time off the clock punted and made Green Bay go 80 yards to tie.  But you know, they were agressive and it all but bit them n the ass.

56 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

We threw the ball on first down with 3 minutes left. We were being aggressive.

So what you're saying is the Panthers were still ACTUALLY TRYING to score touchdowns with a 27-7 and 37-14 lead instead of just trying not to make a mistake? I don't care how much they passed, the mindset was just not to screw up, like it always is when they have any kind of a lead. 

I didn't say anything about run versus pass. I'm talking 100% about mindset. 

Oh, and the reason they RELUCTANTLY moved from 27 to 30 to 37 is because they saw they were going to have to score something else. 

Archived