• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Back Off Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

You guys sit here and make it seem like John Fox is some kind of idiot not replacing Jake Delhomme. John Fox is one of the most respected coaches in the National Football League. Players rave about Fox and how hes a players coach. If you ever listen to Michael Strahan speak, he loves Fox. I remember reading an article where a source said if John Fox was fired he knows for a fact that 5 teams would fire their coaches to hire him.

So if Delhomme is so bad why is it that Hurney and Fox have so much confidence in him. And dont tell me there are no other options because they just signed him to an exstention.

Fox in his whole tenure here has been unable to develop a QB. The only one that MIGHT POSSIBLY show that he has been developed well here is Moore. Thats it. Any other veteran or scrub we brought in has been poo. Fox knowing this, banks all his money on Jake's performance in the Arizona game, and all of '08, being a fluke and continues to fool himself and the fans that Jake is their guy and that Jake still has "it". Well, that gamble blew up in his face just like when he betted that no one would get hurt at DT this year. And right now, Kemo and our 3rd round DT is watching games from the couch this year. Whatever "it" that I keep hearing that Delhomme has went away a long time ago.

You guys sit here and make it seem like John Fox is some kind of idiot not replacing Jake Delhomme. John Fox is one of the most respected coaches in the National Football League. Players rave about Fox and how hes a players coach. If you ever listen to Michael Strahan speak, he loves Fox. I remember reading an article where a source said if John Fox was fired he knows for a fact that 5 teams would fire their coaches to hire him.

So if Delhomme is so bad why is it that Hurney and Fox have so much confidence in him. And dont tell me there are no other options because they just signed him to an exstention.

Noooo we are saying we got slapped around and looked like complete clowns...John Fox is a nice guy but this is business!!...We need to win not lose.. and John did lose confidence in Good Ole Jake...that's why Jake was pulled ..and Jake pulled the wool over their eyes in practice but when pre-season came and todays game hit..I bet they are kicking themselves for that contract.. Jake is done buddy..Jake is done...

Fox in his whole tenure here has been unable to develop a QB. The only one that MIGHT POSSIBLY show that he has been developed well here is Moore. Thats it. Any other veteran or scrub we brought in has been poo. Fox knowing this, banks all his money on Jake's performance in the Arizona game, and all of '08, being a fluke and continues to fool himself and the fans that Jake is their guy and that Jake still has "it". Well, that gamble blew up in his face just like when he betted that no one would get hurt at DT this year. And right now, Kemo and our 3rd round DT is watching games from the couch this year. Whatever "it" that I keep hearing that Delhomme has went away a long time ago.

I refuse to belive that John Fox is going to risk his job if he really feels that Jake Delhomme can no longer be effective. And you say that John Fox hadn't developed a QB, but if I remember correctly Jake Delhomme was a nobody when he came here that was only being pursued by John Fox and Bill Parcells. They developed Jake from this no body back up into a pro bowl QB. And I just read a post that said Jake was only good because of Steve Smith, his best year came with receivers of Muhammad, Colbert, and Carter.

I refuse to belive that John Fox is going to risk his job if he really feels that Jake Delhomme can no longer be effective. And you say that John Fox hadn't developed a QB, but if I remember correctly Jake Delhomme was a nobody when he came here that was only being pursued by John Fox and Bill Parcells. They developed Jake from this no body back up into a pro bowl QB. And I just read a post that said Jake was only good because of Steve Smith, his best year came with receivers of Muhammad, Colbert, and Carter.

Jake has never been developed. He has never improved his mechanics. His decision making, that used to be more good than bad, has gradually gotten poorer to where it is now. Fox will stick with Delhomme till this ship is burned and sunk.

Im not even gonna read the thread.

The Diehards here know my feelings about Jake.. but I'll say that today wasnt just Jake.. Yeah I wasnt happy with him.. but .. theres a lot of problems..

I have had the same tune for years.. and I wont change it... but I'll come defend him a tad today..

I will say... There has to be some change, we complain that there are fewer Panther fans in the stands then whoever the opposing team is .. well its hard to blame people when we are so close but never come up and cash the check.

Maybe one day, we will get the right team, the right coaching staff, and the right schedule.. and bring one home for the fans.

Too bad that so far it doesnt look like that will be this year.

WTf what does jake have to do for you people to see that he's done.........really......does he have to literally smack your mother in the face with a chair before you feel some kind of dislike towards him.today was what sealed it for me this guy is garbage and he somebody needs to get him out of here.i'm gettin tired of being embarrassed because our qb wants to play catch with the opposing teams defense,and i'm pretty sure other players are too.

Dude get it throw your thick skull. This is a business. Respect ain't got crap to do with how players play. If you got a guy is not performing well anymore then it's time for him to go. Jake is not cutting it anymore. Fans pany money for tickets to see their team win not loss. It's time for fox to put Matt moore in and Pull Jake.:dupe:

Jake Delhomme is a good person and I don't think anyone questions his dedication to the game or to his teammates. Personally I'd like to see him come back and silence his critics. No matter what happens though, I have no personal grudge against Delhomme. Management and coaches have to make decisions and if they decide to go with Delhomme then so be it.

There is a natural course to things. Decisions cause results. Many of us didn't like when Beurlein was let go in favor of Chris Weinke. Chris Weinke was a good guy, but I felt Beurlein was still a capable QB. The result of that decision among with others was a 1-15 season.

This year the Panthers have one of the toughest seasons in the NFL. Delhomme will have his work cut out for him and I'm confident that if the team is one of the worst in the NFL, there will be a serious makeover of the team, especially considering it'll be an uncapped year and there might not even be a season in 2011-2012.

With all that said, don't get your hopes up. I've seen this team make some huge turnarounds in the past with some of the same guys and coaches that are here now. Not sure if Delhomme will be a part of that turnaround this time, but if he is I'll gladly embrace him.

Archived