• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Back Off Delhomme

Vertical Asymtope

You can look at my post history and you will see that many of the few posts I have made on this board have been in support of Jake Delhomme. Watching todays game I was starting to think this was the end of it for me, I was jumping off the bandwaggon. I cooled off for a little bit and rewatched Delhomme. The first drive had me very encouraged, he looked somewhat mobile and did not look flustered when the blitz came, he actually stayed in the pocket and completed the pass.

I also do not blame all of the interceptions on Delhomme, Tom Brady would have had at least 2 interceptions today with the protection he was getting from his o-line. Every single play there was someone in the backfield, never did Delhomme just have an open pocket. His first interception was a tipped ball from Steve Smtih and Sheldon Brown made an incredible catch, give credit where credit is due. The second interception was 100% Delhommes fault. The third pick he had three men in his face and tried to dump it off to DeAngelo and he had no shot. The guy needs better protection. And his fourth pick was just him trying to make a play with realistically no shot at winning the game, I honestly do not believe he makes that throw if the game is closer; he just tried forcing it.

Just remember back in 2003 when this team looked hopeless in the first half and he replaces Rodney Peete and leads the team to the Super Bowl. He also led us to another NFC Championship game and a franchise record 12 wins. If you remember correctly this team was the laughing stock of the NFL before Delhomme and Fox, we were todays Lions. We messed up draft picks, lost 15 games in a row, the Kerry Collins saga, Rae Carruth, and Fred Lane. He brought this franchise stability. 54 wins since 2003, behind Brady, Manning, Big Ben, Mcnabb, and Favre. Thats more wins then the fans of the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Vikes, Bears, Lions, Seahwaks, Rams, Niners, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, and Cardinals can say.

Im just saying..

You people are hopeless. Can you name any even decent quarterback that has ever had 11 turnovers in back-to-back huge games at home no less?

This is not f'ing 2003 anymore. You Jake slurpers need to move on and accept the reality that his career is essentially over.

But seriously though, 11 turnovers in back-to-back games. What more does he have to do for you people to admit that he sucks ass? Jake slurpers are like the hardcore Obama/Glenn Beck fans, they worship their man and never ever admit that he's not all he's cracked up to be.

2 of those turnovers were Delhomme not securing the ball, regardless of guys getting in the backfield. He threw one behind Smitty, had it been accurate, a big positive gain instead. He also tossed one to a defender he didn't see..

So 2 were his fault for lack of holding onto the ball (the Fumble being one and the short, uncool toss pass to Deangelo).. and 2 were just his fault, period...

4 of those could have been prevented on Jake by himself. But that doesn't mean the OLine had nothing to do with it. It had just as much to do with it...

Please drop the Panthers from your signature line and add a New York team to go with the rest of them you have there. Anyone who could defend Delhomme after today AND Arizona is no fan of this team.

QFT

We need to expel not just Jake Delhomme, but his ultra-fans from our fanbase as well.

You can be a Jake Delhomme fan or you can be a Panthers fan. You can't be both. If you want Jake to keep being our quarterback, know that you are just like every Falcons/Bucs/Saints fan out there that wants Jake to keep being our quarterback also.

You can look at my post history and you will see that many of the few posts I have made on this board have been in support of Jake Delhomme. Watching todays game I was starting to think this was the end of it for me, I was jumping off the bandwaggon. I cooled off for a little bit and rewatched Delhomme. The first drive had me very encouraged, he looked somewhat mobile and did not look flustered when the blitz came, he actually stayed in the pocket and completed the pass.

I also do not blame all of the interceptions on Delhomme, Tom Brady would have had at least 2 interceptions today with the protection he was getting from his o-line. Every single play there was someone in the backfield, never did Delhomme just have an open pocket. His first interception was a tipped ball from Steve Smtih and Sheldon Brown made an incredible catch, give credit where credit is due. The second interception was 100% Delhommes fault. The third pick he had three men in his face and tried to dump it off to DeAngelo and he had no shot. The guy needs better protection. And his fourth pick was just him trying to make a play with realistically no shot at winning the game, I honestly do not believe he makes that throw if the game is closer; he just tried forcing it.

Just remember back in 2003 when this team looked hopeless in the first half and he replaces Rodney Peete and leads the team to the Super Bowl. He also led us to another NFC Championship game and a franchise record 12 wins. If you remember correctly this team was the laughing stock of the NFL before Delhomme and Fox, we were todays Lions. We messed up draft picks, lost 15 games in a row, the Kerry Collins saga, Rae Carruth, and Fred Lane. He brought this franchise stability. 54 wins since 2003, behind Brady, Manning, Big Ben, Mcnabb, and Favre. Thats more wins then the fans of the Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Saints, Falcons, Bucs, Vikes, Bears, Lions, Seahwaks, Rams, Niners, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, and Cardinals can say.

Im just saying..

You mentioned replacing Peete...a QB...interesting.

Im just saying..

If stability is what you call horrendous inconsistency, then Jake delhomme is the man!

/thread

I can't even believe you are going back to 2003 and what it use to be like..come on !!!... Heck let's talk about how bad he is looking now..Hey I tell you what he did complete ..what 9 passes today...oh wait 4 of them were to the other team !!... Wake up...hello...It's time to move on to a new QB...We have to take this step...It's time for a change..yes we will struggle with a new QB...every team does when they start out with a new QB.. Sometimes Change can be good...

Archived