• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All hope isnt lost... must read

PantherBrew

Here it is... you cannot judge him off of this one game and say that he is done. It will take at least one more horrible performance to make that decision in good conscious. This is only true though because we have seen the people behind him play and know that they are not likely to be another Tom Brady or really any better than #17 at all. He also has the most practice throwing the ball to Smitty who is arguably the most lethal weapon we have on the offensive side of the ball.

Why do people keep pretending that this is the first bad game he's ever had? Do you not remember the very last time he took the field in a meaningful game? Or how about that Oakland game last season?

Why do people keep pretending that this is the first bad game he's ever had? Do you not remember the very last time he took the field in a meaningful game? Or how about that Oakland game last season?

But in 2003 he was everyone's hero... therefore he should be the Panthers lifetime QB.

I need some actual logical reasoning as to why Jake deserves another start? Give me some reasoning at all.

He went 12-4 last year, and we are paying him alot of money. Why would Jay Culter start next week?

All kidding aside, I would give him 1 more week. He is the best option at QB on our team currently. If he fails again, pull the plug and go 4-12...

Well, for me this is Jakes last chance, I know most of you guys hate him now, and take his performance personally. But he is trying, he doesnt wanna go out there and look like a retard, its just happening. I think he needs to be on a very short leash.

I am not a Jake apologist, and in retrospect the extension we gave him was a bad idea, cause we could have washed our hands of him after this year.

If he stinks it up again Sunday, he should be benched long term. Im just glad that I know if/when Jake is benched Matt Moore will be on the field, and he is take control of the franchise.

Matt Moore is going to be a great fit for this team.

Who acts like it is the first bad game he's ever had? The only people who do that are the fictional people that the local super exaggerators think up to add fire to their arguments.

New Season

New Schedule

More Practice

One could well judge his performance alongside the Playoff game and say that he is showing signs of no longer executing at a professional level but to put this loss and that loss on #17 alone is foolish. The coaching is just as much to blame if not more so than #17's pass execution or the OL's performance or whatever else one wants to pin the loss on.

I don't completely disagree with what you say SMF I just think that #17 may still redeem himself and to jump the gun here may end up biting us in the ass. Of course as you have been saying not taking him out could well hurt us worse. So really I think the best approach right now is "wait and see." If he cannot get it together in the next game then yeah start Moore and get rid of him ASAP.

I need some actual logical reasoning as to why Jake deserves another start? Give me some reasoning at all.

We know Jake is "capable" of doing much better. He has more potential upside than McCown or Moore based on what we know right now, so before we bury him and eat the contract extension we just gave him we need to be sure he's a lost cause.

Here it is... you cannot judge him off of this one game and say that he is done. It will take at least one more horrible performance to make that decision in good conscious. This is only true though because we have seen the people behind him play and know that they are not likely to be another Tom Brady or really any better than #17 at all. He also has the most practice throwing the ball to Smitty who is arguably the most lethal weapon we have on the offensive side of the ball.

One game? ONE GAME?! If I was judging him off one game then I wouldn't be wigging the f*ck out about getting rid of his ass. Did you forget the Arizona meltdown? Have you forgotten how stunningly mediocre to bad that he was all of last season?

And no, I DON'T know they aren't any better than Jake BECAUSE THEY NEVER PLAY EXCEPT IN A LOST F*CKING CAUSE. And practice throwing to Smitty? Are you serious? That bum locks in on Smitty nearly every damn play and proceeds to throw it to him, regardless of coverage. I don't WANT him to throw to Smith anymore.

Well, for me this is Jakes last chance, I know most of you guys hate him now, and take his performance personally. But he is trying, he doesnt wanna go out there and look like a retard, its just happening. I think he needs to be on a very short leash.

I am not a Jake apologist, and in retrospect the extension we gave him was a bad idea, cause we could have washed our hands of him after this year.

If he stinks it up again Sunday, he should be benched long term. Im just glad that I know if/when Jake is benched Matt Moore will be on the field, and he is take control of the franchise.

Matt Moore is going to be a great fit for this team.

If I owned a business and had an employee that tried hard but ultimately kept screwing up and losing me money. Why would I not fire him or at least move him around(say, to the practice squad)? This is a damn business, the whole league is. Jake has had his time and we all know that there won't be any real improvement. At the absolute extreme best, we will get the typical up-and-down Jake.

Archived