• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All hope isnt lost... must read

PantherBrew

I know yesterday was hard, really hard. I still have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about it. Also, everytime I hear the name "Jake" and "Interception" together, I have been Pavlovian conditioned get nauseated.

Also, It is very easy for the nay-sayers and the some of the fans to get down on themselves, but not much has changed with this team, except for one player. And, I wont mention his name, cause i dont feel like dry heaving. If anything I am very excited about the small sample of energy and burst out of the defense.

I also rememember commenting about our cornings giving 3-4 yard cushions on 3rd down (before the meltdown). Furthermore, quietly Charles Godfrey had a very good game, and made some good plays in run support. I know Philly didnt have too many offensive plays, but the things I saw on defense was the silver lining on what was an huge black cloud that was cause by he who shall not be mentioned.

My hope, how ever crazy it may be, is that this season could be like the New England Patriots season in 2003, when they were starting Drew Bledsoe, then Tom Brady came in and threw 4 interceptions, in a 31-0 blowout loss to the Buffalo Bills, and we all know how this story ends.

My point is, I know yesterday was unbearable and sickening. But lets keep things in perspective, it was one game. I know there were things that we saw that some will call unfixable, but anything can be fixed.

My request to the members of the huddle, yes even the retards. Is to give this "team" a chance, to atleast get to the bye week, and if we are 0-3 by then and if JD is still starting and blowing by all means raise hell, (Fire Fox, Meeks, Hurney, Davidson, lynch JD, trade Peppers, draft The Golden Calf of Bristol poo).

In the case of the Carolina Panthers season opener, one bad apple spoiled the bunch. I believe Matt Moore is the answer, and heir. But I do belive Fox is right, atleast for one more week, to start Jake.

I think I am going to be sick.

I am up in NY, had to go to an Eagles bar to watch the game in sound, found two decent chicks to watch the game with. Not a bad place, but I began wishing injuries on Jake and Josh to see Matt. I hate admitting that, but I was glad to see him come in. How he is behind McCown on the depth chart is beyond me, McCown looked terrible. But anyone would have looked terrible behind our overrated bullshit of an offensive line that can't pick up blitzes or get any push. I believe our #1 concern right now is offensive line, hopefully it was just a bad game and they are getting their assholes ripped right now and get their shiit together quick.

Fox is done after week 3

Fixed (or one could only hope).

Seriously, I think Fox is losing this team. His loyalty to Jake, his ultra-conservatve game plans, failure to make in game adjustments and overall failure to prepare this team to win games is taking it's toll on the fans and certainly the players. You can see it in their body language. The D continued to play hard yesterday, but IMO that has more to do with Meeks and the new defensive scheme than it does Fox. The rest of the team appears to be just going thru the motions, particulary on Offense. If we are 0-3 by the bye (and that's a real possibility), there is going to be mutiny and I think it will be hard to regain the respect of the team if changes aren't made, and fast.

I need some actual logical reasoning as to why Jake deserves another start? Give me some reasoning at all.

There is none, other than he is *cough-cough* better than our other options, well at least McCown. Unless our game plan is so devised for Jake, we could open it up more for McCown, he has put up numbers in the past, but no improvement to me. Moore may be a different story.

He didn't quite deserve a 5 year extension either but got one, even if it did clear up some cap space. He got that so prolly will get another start.

I need some actual logical reasoning as to why Jake deserves another start? Give me some reasoning at all.

Here it is... you cannot judge him off of this one game and say that he is done. It will take at least one more horrible performance to make that decision in good conscious. This is only true though because we have seen the people behind him play and know that they are not likely to be another Tom Brady or really any better than #17 at all. He also has the most practice throwing the ball to Smitty who is arguably the most lethal weapon we have on the offensive side of the ball.

Archived