• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All hope isnt lost... must read

PantherBrew

We know Jake is "capable" of doing much better. He has more potential upside than McCown or Moore based on what we know right now, so before we bury him and eat the contract extension we just gave him we need to be sure he's a lost cause.

Then go out and sign someone who can help. We are eating that money regardless, whether we cut him tomorrow or keep him for the next four years, so forget about the damn money.

Show me the upside? Where is it? And I don't know anything about McCown or Moore other than from what I have seen in limited meaningful time that they are average at best. But, 11 TO's in two games is so far below average that it's ridiculous. Jake isn't in the ballpark of average.

Frankly, whether he rebounds or not, he IS a lost cause. He's 34 years old, vastly overpaid and fails miserably at taking care of the ball on a team and system and offense that simply asks that he manages it. Everyone has know Jake's weaknesses for a long time but tell me that it doesn't seem they are even more pronounced than before. How can anyone see him getting better and not worse? I just don't see it.

Then go out and sign someone who can help.

???

Sounds fine and dandy, but who? You make it sound so easy. Jeff Garcia or AJ Feely? Or maybe Losman, poo Chris Leak, Chase Daniels. Yea all those guys would do better than Jake at this point right? I bet the already know the playbook, they would fit in just seamlessly. Jake sucked yesterday, he may suck for the rest of the season. If that is the case, we are screwed, we made a bed and we have to sleep in it now.

The only thing that keeps me sane is remembering that the Patriots lost to the Bills 31-0 in week one the year that they beat us in the Superbowl. Strange things happen in week one.

Which is why I don't want to pass judgement on anyone just yet. Suppose the O-line gets the cobwebs out of their heads and remembers how to block next week ... and Jake (or whoever) gets 8 seconds in the pocket on nearly every pass play? If the throws a bunch of picks in that situation, then put him on the pine.

???

Sounds fine and dandy, but who? You make it sound so easy. Jeff Garcia or AJ Feely? Or maybe Losman, poo Chris Leak, Chase Daniels. Yea all those guys would do better than Jake at this point right? I bet the already know the playbook, they would fit in just seamlessly. Jake sucked yesterday, he may suck for the rest of the season. If that is the case, we are screwed, we made a bed and we have to sleep in it now.

How hard is it to run the offense like Jake? Step 1: Find Steve Smith. Step 2: Throw to Steve Smith.

That's really hard, huh?

Jeff Garcia would be the perfect answer to this constant difficult problem. Is he a permenant solution?? No. He can help this season and is a much better passer thean anyone else fielding the Carolina 53 man roster. Just a thought.

I hate Jeff Garcia and he would be a terrible pick up. He in no way fits what we are trying to do. Jake gives us the best chance to win right now, after next week it may be a different story though. He was under a lot of pressure, he tried to make a play instead of taking a sack and it didn't work out. His passes to me didn't seem accurate or thrown with a lot of zip, like he lost something. I hope I'm wrong but it's only Week 1, I'm confident he is playing next week.

If I owned a business and had an employee that tried hard but ultimately kept screwing up and losing me money. Why would I not fire him or at least move him around(say, to the practice squad)? This is a damn business, the whole league is. Jake has had his time and we all know that there won't be any real improvement. At the absolute extreme best, we will get the typical up-and-down Jake.

Jake is a veteran, he cant be put on the practice squad. Jake has not ALWAYS been bad. But lately, Sunday and back to midway through last season has he been below average to awful.

I can tell you know nothing of business, because the first reaction to a struggling employee who used to preform well is not to fire him, because, especially in Jake's case the cost of turnover is too high. When an employee is struggling, you try to find out the source of the problems instead of saying you suck, get out of here.

For example, a sales rep is not making sales, and he used to be a productive sales man. He didnt just start sucking for no reason. There are reasons his performance has suffered, its not just because "he sucks, or "he's over the hill" its up to management (coaching staff) to figure out why there are discrepancies in performance.

Then if the sales reps performance is costing the company still, there are many avenues to take before termination, because the cost of training and development of a replacement is going to be very high, and time consuming.

Granted, I am for benching Jake if his performance is still bad after next week. Then let him go as a backup, and he can receive some "re-training" and let him find out what is haunting him and his performance.

How hard is it to run the offense like Jake? Step 1: Find Steve Smith. Step 2: Throw to Steve Smith.

That's really hard, huh?

well if then whats the point of getting someone else? Really tho, with no cap space and no draft picks(2010 at least), what is a realistic option? I know you asked the question so I shouldnt expect a realist answer.

2 games 9 months apart is not a trend. Week 1 is crazy and we need to give Fox and crew the chance to fix stuff in a hurry. That's what these guys have done all their lives is make adjustments and win.

Fox and crew need to decide if yesterday was an abberation against a possible superbowl team or if jake and the offense has lost it. We will know in a week or two with certainty whether jake has lost it...

I sort of think he hasn't. But if he has, lets move on.

Jake is a veteran, he cant be put on the practice squad. Jake has not ALWAYS been bad. But lately, Sunday and back to midway through last season has he been below average to awful.

I can tell you know nothing of business, because the first reaction to a struggling employee who used to preform well is not to fire him, because, especially in Jake's case the cost of turnover is too high. When an employee is struggling, you try to find out the source of the problems instead of saying you suck, get out of here.

For example, a sales rep is not making sales, and he used to be a productive sales man. He didnt just start sucking for no reason. There are reasons his performance has suffered, its not just because "he sucks, or "he's over the hill" its up to management (coaching staff) to figure out why there are discrepancies in performance.

Then if the sales reps performance is costing the company still, there are many avenues to take before termination, because the cost of training and development of a replacement is going to be very high, and time consuming.

Granted, I am for benching Jake if his performance is still bad after next week. Then let him go as a backup, and he can receive some "re-training" and let him find out what is haunting him and his performance.

Re-training? So how long was the offseason? You know, mini-camp, training camp, preseason games. Fine if you want to use sales as an example, then in his last performance he took my #1 customer(NFL playoffs) and completely pissed away and destroyed that account.

So, do you in fact own a business? Just wondering because if this is the way you do business I would like to submit a resume for your consideration.

start a free agent or a backup. "realistically" they can't do any worse, right?

who????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

who????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

QB's Cut from Rosters:

Baker, Matt

Boeckman, Todd

Bollinger, Brooks

Bouman, Todd

Brink, Alex

Crane, Chris

DiMichele, Adam

Feeley, A.J.

Garcia, Jeff

Harrington, Joey

Huard, Damon

Lemon, Cleo

Martin, Ingle

Mortensen, Alex

Palko, Tyler

Pizzotti, Chris

Reilly, Mike

Rowe, Jeff

Smith, Paul

Walter, Andrew

Willy, Drew

I figured this is a good place to start. If these guys are busy, maybe we can call up some legends such as:

Steve McNair

Joe Montana

Joe Namath

Steve Young

Troy Aikman

Johnny Unitas

Terry Bradshaw

Or maybe just guys that are employed by ESPN:

Jesse Palmer

Trent Dilfer

Shaun King

Tim Hasselbeck

I figure any of them are at least as effective as Jake(ie 5/TO's a game) and for $42.5 million I am sure we can sign any of them.

Archived