• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Atlanta Talk...the fans and media want to trade away Matt Ryan

Hotsauce

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Well, funny to think about it even if it won't happen.  But Dallas would probably give up two first round picks to get him. 

He'd probably do well in Dallas. If Atl needs a QB, G-money will give them Webb for a 2nd round pick.

5 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

yeah they have a lot more issues than Matt Ryan.  For all the poo Ryan gets he's not a bad QB.  He's not great either, but there really aren't a lot of "great" QB's anyway.

He's not "elite", but he is a franchise QB. he's Eli, Flacco, Romo good. Not everyone can be a Brady, Cam, Brees, Peyton QB. they'd be crazy to get rid of him unless someone is willing to seriously over pay for him.

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

It's very possible Ryan is damaged goods. Obviously I watch a lot of Falcons games, and it doesn't look like he can make all the throws anymore. 

After watching that game yesterday, I have to agree with this. Every throw looked like a rainbow. No zip on any of his passes. I was wondering if he was injured or something. Because of the way he would wind up to throw, yet had no zip on the ball.

Not gonna complain tho. I always thought he thought more of himself than he should. Kinda glad to see him regressing.

40 minutes ago, Shields17 said:

Matt Ryan is just another one of of those upper-tier Quarterbacks that can put up numbers, but aren't winners.

I'm looking at Matthew Stafford, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler.

They have talent, they have physical ability through the roof, but they don't have "It". And most of them are 30+, you don't just suddenly develop that "It" factor that late in your career. Those quarterbacks are what they are, and they're not going to suddenly blossom into winners.

Simply put, Matt Ryan is just another quarterback that can win you some games, but he's not a winner.

Interesting thought.

42 minutes ago, Shields17 said:

Matt Ryan is just another one of of those upper-tier Quarterbacks that can put up numbers, but aren't winners.

I'm looking at Matthew Stafford, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler.

They have talent, they have physical ability through the roof, but they don't have "It". And most of them are 30+, you don't just suddenly develop that "It" factor that late in your career. Those quarterbacks are what they are, and they're not going to suddenly blossom into winners.

Simply put, Matt Ryan is just another quarterback that can win you some games, but he's not a winner.

Are you high?

He put up 400 yards and 3 TDs in the NFC Championship game.

It's not his fault the defense couldn't cover Vernon Davis.

Ryan is a great QB who is probably past his prime due to the ridiculous amount of hits he's taken the last few years, and is underperforming because his offensive line is garbage, he only has one receiving option, his offensive coordinator is a buffoon, and his defense can't stop anyone.

58 minutes ago, manu4t said:

I would say so just based on the sample size we have from Shanahan this season.  It is interesting the run game has also fallen off the last 5 weeks for them, beginning of the season they were wide open with it, now they are throwing about 70% of the time.  Coleman has had issues with ball security but Freeman generally runs pretty well.  With Ryan's woes and the running game falling apart, the Oline would seem to me to be the prime problem.  Having said that, though, consensus is that Roddy White and Shanahan do not get along, and White is disgruntled.  Sounds like Julio isnt happy either.

All of it makes me happy though.  Good times in the house of Blank!

What I find really funny about this is that for Ryan's skill set, a Shanahan offense should be ideal.

Maybe it's time to pull out the old jokes we used to tell with Vick about how many years it takes to learn the West Coast Offense.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

What I find really funny about this is that for Ryan's skill set, a Shanahan offense should be ideal.

Maybe it's time to pull out the old jokes we used to tell with Vick about how many years it takes to learn the West Coast Offense.

You would think so, right?  

I think anotther part of the problem is they have a toxic locker room and no leadership.

Archived