• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So if MN loses tonight we don't clinch 1st rnd bye?

Lilsmitty09

If we are 12-4 and the Packers are 12-4 we have the head-to-head tie breaker over them. However, if Arizona winds up 12-4 then they are ahead because they would win the conference matchup tie-break. As far as my understanding, we don't have to worry about any of this poo if we win out.

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

If we are 12-4 and the Packers are 12-4 we have the head-to-head tie breaker over them. However, if Arizona winds up 12-4 then they are ahead because they would win the conference matchup tie-break. As far as my understanding, we don't have to worry about any of this poo if we win out.

I am not worried either but there are 2 first round byes. I am just so confused right now..

Just now, Lilsmitty09 said:

I am not worried either but there are 2 first round byes. I am just so confused right now..

Yeah these tie-breaking scenarios have literally thousands of different possibilities. So I just try not to worry about it and root for the Panthers. The past years I've focused on our future draft picks, a year or two later focus on our playoff-clenching scenarios. Now it's about  who we'll play and beat in the playoffs. It's a great year to be a Panthers fan.

41 minutes ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Three way ties are broken differently than two way ties. Head to head isnt used unless one team has beaten both of the other teams. 

The only way we don't get a bye now, even if we lose out, is to have the cardinals and packers both win out and finish 12-4. Then we lose three way conference record  tiebreaker. 

Archived