• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jerry richardson Succession Plan

Day_One

So the big cat has ordered the team be sold within 2 years after his death. Now I am going on a presumption that he has a few good years left in him .  This team is winning and building a huge base in the carolinas so I dont think the team will leave.

Maybe there is some bankers and lawyers in here that could help with this.   Why couldn't we start a trust, and allow the public to pay into it.  WHen Jerry Passes, Carolinians own the team.   Simply put it would cost a billion dollars to buy it.  There is only about 15 million people between the two states.  That means each person would have to donate 67 dollars.  Now Im good for 5-10k. Maybe more depending on how much time we have.   And im sure others are good for 30-100k or even more.   far out weighing the folks who pay nothing.  Logically, if we had a few years we could make it happen.  Investing the money appropriately to cover the cost of the trust administration and to help it grow (think low risk bonds not stock) 

I wanna make this happen. This need to be the Carolinas Team. 

FYI green bay has been publicically owned as a non profit since 1923.  I dont want the org to be a non profit.  if people pay in, they should get a return, but same concept)  The nfl requires one owner hold a third of the organization, but legally thats do able as a single entity 

The NFL has by-laws to make sure the Green Bay ownership situation never happens again. Not to mention JR would probably have provisions from having that happen as well. Unions and collectives aren't exactly on his list of favorite things.

Not to mention, do we want the same folks running the Panthers that have been running the NC School System? We'd have to start bringing things like socks, athletic supporters and helmets to summer camp so they'd have equipment for the coming year. Away games would require donation checks and everyone stop in at your local Bojangles for Panthers Night where 5 percent of your receipt goes to supporting your favorite team.

I can't believe I just read this, especially right now!

Some of us got a lot of time on our hands during a 12-0 season. Geesh!

Saying all that (to show some respect towards the OP). You would hope, with Gettleman, Rivera, and the current team that's in place in Carolina. The Panthers, would simply be sold to a "hands off" type owner who would listen to his GM and coach (i.e., spend the money, or get rid of the people they don't like or want). Simple.

And leaving Charlotte (at this moment's) a non entity for those fearing it. And the OP already stated he didn't believe this.

Now, back to those Atlanta Falcons!

13 minutes ago, Day_One said:

So the big cat has ordered the team be sold within 2 years after his death. Now I am going on a presumption that he has a few good years left in him .  This team is winning and building a huge base in the carolinas so I dont think the team will leave.

Maybe there is some bankers and lawyers in here that could help with this.   Why couldn't we start a trust, and allow the public to pay into it.  WHen Jerry Passes, Carolinians own the team.   Simply put it would cost a billion dollars to buy it.  There is only about 15 million people between the two states.  That means each person would have to donate 67 dollars.  Now Im good for 5-10k. Maybe more depending on how much time we have.   And im sure others are good for 30-100k or even more.   far out weighing the folks who pay nothing.  Logically, if we had a few years we could make it happen.  Investing the money appropriately to cover the cost of the trust administration and to help it grow (think low risk bonds not stock) 

I wanna make this happen. This need to be the Carolinas Team. 

FYI green bay has been publicically owned as a non profit since 1923.  I dont want the org to be a non profit.  if people pay in, they should get a return, but same concept)  The nfl requires one owner hold a third of the organization, but legally thats do able as a single entity 

The National Football League (NFL) has formally banned any more Green Bay Packers-type ownership structures. Former commissioner Pete Rozelle changed the NFL constitution in 1960 to prevent another franchise from going to the Green Bay model. Article V, Section 4 of the NFL constitution, the “Green Bay Rule,” says that “charitable organizations and/or corporations not organized for profit and not now a member of the league may not hold membership in the National Football League.” - See more at: http://www.leagueoffans.org/2012/04/06/green-bay-packers-ownership-structure-remains-the-ideal/#sthash.jHXu1toE.dpuf

League rules Dont prevent it.  League rules state that a single party,  (or entity)  must hold 1/3 ownership, and the rest must be owned by induviduals or small groups of induviduals.   The nfl strictly bans it from being a Non Profit.  i would absoluetly intend for the management organization be set up for profit. That's the primary reason people would buy in to begin with. 

The panthers are only Temporarily tied to charlotte, and a buy out of the team could easily include measures to satisfy and end any contract holding them here. 

Archived