• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Explain to me why you feel Peppers earned a million yesterday

g5jamz

If you get right down to it, it's the fans that dictate what these football players are making anyway. If you're really fed up, then stop buying tickets and jerseys, ignore all NFL sponsers, and stay at home and watch movies on Sundays.

If you're not willing to do that, then at least stop blaming Peppers for taking the money that was offered to him. Once again, he did not ask to be franchised in the first place.

Let's just take a look at his stats.

4 tackles

2-6-PHI 30 (6:18) (Shotgun) 36-B.Westbrook up the middle to PHI 32 for 2 yards (96-T.Brayton, 90-J.Peppers).

1-10-CAR 32 (2:41) 36-B.Westbrook up the middle to CAR 31 for 1 yard (90-J.Peppers).

2-6-PHI 30 (:56) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb left end to PHI 45 for 15 yards (90-J.Peppers).

2-5-CAR 39 (11:53) 36-B.Westbrook up the middle to CAR 39 for no gain (90-J.Peppers).

Ok...that's the 4 tackles...3 for gains 1 for no gain

Here's the sack...

1-10-PHI 46 (15:00) (Shotgun) 4-K.Kolb sacked at PHI 38 for -8 yards (90-J.Peppers). FUMBLES (90-J.Peppers), RECOVERED by CAR-92-D.Lewis at PHI 35. 92-D.Lewis to PHI 35 for no gain (71-J.Peters).

He sacks the backup Kolb and causes a fumble AFTER the game is essentially over. Did you really see McNabb pressured a whole lot when he was in?

And he did block a 51yd field goal...and this is after the fumble even. Probably had scrub ST players in the game.

Now..anyone that actually watched the part of the game that mattered...the 1st half and the beginning of the 2nd...didn't really see a lot of Peppers. I don't think he earned a million yesterday. Do you?

Heck...I'd take that dude at Chicago A. Ogunleye. He only had three tackles and 2 sacks...but if you watched that game last night...YOU KNOW he was a presence constantly and he wasn't sacking the backup QB.

It's no use trying to explain anything to a dumbass like you.

Once again, he did not ask to be franchised in the first place.

No...his actions are what forced him to be franchised in the first place.

For all you Peppers jock sniffers...let me just remind you...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/206623-how-not-to-hold-out-for-a-new-contract?=related-tabs

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-02-19/panthers-tag-de-peppers-sign-lt-gross-deal

He had a LOT to do with this and his franchise tag. He had an opportunity in 2007 to sign a long term deal. Hurney...as inept as he may be...had his hand tied by Peppers and his agent. Couldn't even trade him due to the way he handled the tender signing. I would've let him walk. Look how winning franchises work. Ask Casey Hampton where he's going to be working next year...and he'll tell you where he ISN'T working.

Again...perfect example of the Fox/Hurney mindset of overcommitting to players that have outlived their usefulness with respect to cap hit. Bitch on. And unbelievably...it's a lesson not being learned.

People stuck on the value that Peppers is paid, need to quit being a football fan.

That's right. I didn't studder.

He was franchised to keep him in the fold. And regardless of what you feel about him, he is one of the best defensive players we have.

The franchise tag states that the player will be paid the average of the top 5 at his position. So now you are basically saying you don't feel he is a top DE. If you feel that, then stop posting your ignorance now.

Davis is the man...period. And I'm not sure of his contract situation, but I would not be surprised that we couldn't sign him to the contract HE deserves simply due to the fact we tie up too many resources in too few players. Case in point...when we let Spoon walk to write up a restructured contract for Morgan.

Why do people consistently bring up Julius Pepper's numbers? The guy is not a freakin linebacker. He is a DE that causes a lot of pressure. Here are how some other DEs stacked up yesterday.

Jared Allen - 0 tackles

Dwight Freeney - 2 tackles 1 sack

Demarcus Ware - 4 tackles

John Abraham - 3 tackles, 2 sacks --By the way he was probably the best DL in the NFL this past week. You don't look at a DE and say "where are the tackles." Pep puts as much pressure on the QB week in and week out as any player in the league.

Why do people consistently bring up Julius Pepper's numbers? The guy is not a freakin linebacker. He is a DE that causes a lot of pressure. Here are how some other DEs stacked up yesterday.

Jared Allen - 0 tackles

Dwight Freeney - 2 tackles 1 sack

Demarcus Ware - 4 tackles

John Abraham - 3 tackles, 2 sacks --By the way he was probably the best DL in the NFL this past week. You don't look at a DE and say "where are the tackles." Pep puts as much pressure on the QB week in and week out as any player in the league.

I bring up his numbers because people were just GLEAMING over them in other threads. If you actually watched the game when it was actually close and mattered...it really didn't mean a whole lot. Garbage sacks are garbage.

What's it like, living in denial?:yikes:

I feel like he's above average, sure. He has flashes of brilliance. But overall, as a the kind of dominating game changer he's billed as... he doesn't really deliver.. until the game's out of hand and we're losing by a lot or we're winning by so much that it doesn't matter.

Never does Peppers step up and make you go WOW on a crucial down. That's when he's getting completely obliterated by Todd Weiner or someone of that caliber.

I've been on the Peppers bandwagon since he was drafted, but he's just not as advertised. That's all I'm sayin.

Archived