• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This won't make you happy, but I've got to do it.

ThinkAboutIt

4 hours ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

Talk is talk.

Slamming is more excessive than talking.

P.S. I'm sure that wasn't the first word either of them had exchanged on that possession.

That is not talk. That is Odell administering a choke hold to the throat of Norman during a running play while it is his job to explosively shed that illegal block and get to the ball carrier.

Norman did his job. If Odell does not want to be put on the ground as a blocker, then he needs to learn how to block with a better base so he does not get taken off his feet and put on the ground in the leverage game.

8 hours ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

Talk is talk.

P.S. I'm sure that wasn't the first word either of them had exchanged on that possession.

Here is a close up during the running play; before the body slam. See the choke hold? Odell loves to grab and lock the head of defenders on run plays. It was just a matter of time until he met his match with the dirty physical play on DBs he has been throwing down since last season.

dm_151221_nfl_panthers_bat_news.jpg

This is how Odell run blocks: Head shot, throat punch, head shot, choke hold, head shot, head shot, run back and spear the head. What a combo. He did it to Finnegan too. 

Odell does this to every DB he faces not just Josh Norman. Norman did his homework and knew what was coming. He was prepared to stand up to Odell and call his dirty blocking tactics out with the play on the field. Not backing down, and now Odell is a target to be a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen every play for the Giants. Going to mess his game up. Odell is a street fighter and a track star. He does not play football.

I am sure Odell was told what would happen if he tried this crap. Julio Jones was warned last week by Norman. Julio stopped the cheap shots. Odell thought he could keep up that crap. At least Julio went to the body and not the head.

14 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Here is a close up during the running play; before the body slam. See the choke hold? Odell loves to grab and lock the head of defenders on run plays. It was just a matter of time until he met his match with the dirty physical play on DBs he has been throwing down since last season.

dm_151221_nfl_panthers_bat_news.jpg

This is how Odell run blocks: Head shot, throat punch, head shot, choke hold, head shot, head shot, run back and spear the head. What a combo. He did it to Finnegan too. 

Odell does this to every DB he faces not just Josh Norman. Norman did his homework and knew what was coming. He was prepared to stand up to Odell and call his dirty blocking tactics out with the play on the field. Not backing down, and now Odell is a target to be a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen every play for the Giants. Going to mess his game up. Odell is a street fighter and a track star. He does not play football.

I am sure Odell was told what would happen if he tried this crap. Julio Jones was warned last week by Norman. Julio stopped the cheap shots. Odell thought he could keep up that crap. At least Julio went to the body and not the head.

Talk is talk.

When you post something that supplants this comment, I'll write something else.

On 12/21/2015 at 8:32 PM, ThinkAboutIt said:

Beckham on Cam and Norman before the game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000604830/Beckham-I-m-excited-to-see-Cam-play

Like I said in the other thread, I don't mind the fact that Norman wanted to get into Beckham's head, in fact, I think CBs should do that (within certain boundaries, of course), but the fact remains, Norman "started it" when he picked up Beckham and slammed him during the Giants' first possession, and you could tell Beckham was surprised by it. 

Doesn't change the fact that he lost it, but he clearly didn't enter the game planning to leave it hating Norman. 

Beckham would've been a Panther if he could've chosen. 

And if OBJ had stopped after the first quarter, like Norman after they talked to and told they would incur penalties, we wouldnt be talking about it today. But OBJ not only continued but escalated with cheap shots knowing Norman had dialed it back and OBJ could do it with no consequence. There is huge difference between the two.

Archived