• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This won't make you happy, but I've got to do it.

ThinkAboutIt

Beckham on Cam and Norman before the game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000604830/Beckham-I-m-excited-to-see-Cam-play

Like I said in the other thread, I don't mind the fact that Norman wanted to get into Beckham's head, in fact, I think CBs should do that (within certain boundaries, of course), but the fact remains, Norman "started it" when he picked up Beckham and slammed him during the Giants' first possession, and you could tell Beckham was surprised by it. 

Doesn't change the fact that he lost it, but he clearly didn't enter the game planning to leave it hating Norman. 

Beckham would've been a Panther if he could've chosen. 

nowhere did OBJ say he would be a panther if he had the choice. he likes Cam, most young WRs coming out now will also like Cam and even if they don't say it, probably would like to play with him.

he respects josh and josh respected him. i think josh was just as surprised about OBJ.

at the same time, what else will a player say before playing an undefeated team? i'm sure he was planning on looking awesome against us and i'm sure he had a game plan. notice the "cover 3 corner" shot. plus, look at the buffalo game earlier this year-- same poo. dude isn't innocent and wasn't blindsided by josh being super physical. i don't feel bad for beckham and no one else should except him and the giants for making himself and their team look bad.

7 minutes ago, ThinkAboutIt said:

Beckham on Cam and Norman before the game:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/0ap3000000604830/Beckham-I-m-excited-to-see-Cam-play

Like I said in the other thread, I don't mind the fact that Norman wanted to get into Beckham's head, in fact, I think CBs should do that (within certain boundaries, of course), but the fact remains, Norman "started it" when he picked up Beckham and slammed him during the Giants' first possession, and you could tell Beckham was surprised by it. 

Doesn't change the fact that he lost it, but he clearly didn't enter the game planning to leave it hating Norman. 

Beckham would've been a Panther if he could've chosen. 

'But he started it...' please. Norman may have pushed him down after a play (calling that a slam is comical), but Beckham was throwing punches and tried to do serious harm. Norman owned him mentally and OBJ showed himself to be a petulant child who displays piss-poor maturity and sportsmanship.

#13 is a Cam fan? Cool.

OBJ got slammed, dropped an easy TD, and got his feelings hurt. Instead of taking the trash talk in stride, he decided to take cheap shots for the rest of the game. One of those cheap shots was intended to knock arguably the most important player on your favorite team's defense out of the game and, perhaps, the remainder of the season.

But good thread blaming #24, though.

Yum with you OP. I don't condone the slam, or the punches,  or the blindside hit. But the bandwagon fans haven't been around long enough to know that Josh is an instigator(it's not always a bad thing). He's a great guy off and on the field but he's like that drunk great guy. Always trying to start something, but you love him so you have his back. 

Pat said, what OBJ did has no place in the game. My three year old watches and understands human behavior and I'm trying to get him into sports mode now. Seeing what was on display today would not be something I'd want a child to see, from almost anyone.( except Cam shaking his head as if he were challenged before that last drive)

Rewatching the "slam" it seems as if it was gameplanned by the Giants to get Norman to eject himself. 

OBJ slows up to get tangled then grabs ahold of Norman who pushes him off-slamming him. The way the coaches for the Giants responded it was not a big deal....bc they wanted OBJ to piss off Norman but it all backfired. 

I was pissed at Norman for the first slam, IMO, he was wrong, but I'd venture to say that the rest of the defense and Rivera thought he was wrong for that.  When Beckham threw the retaliation right after, I was pissed but just thought the coaches would get involved and get their heads on...and Rivera CLEARLY got his point across.  On the flip side, the BS from Odel clearly went late into the game, and hit it's escalation point with the hit on Norman that could have ended his career or possibly life.  

Essentially, in baseball terms it went like this...We threw a pitch and plunked the best player on the opposing team, then the opponent plunked one of our best hitters (baseball, it happens)...then he plunked him again(OK...thats overkill)...then he threw a fastball at that players head(Way the fug over the line) and instead of ejecting anyone, the umps kept the offending pitcher in the game and let him throw his team back into the game.  The Officials need to be thankful that Cam is all-world, Because fans around the country would have been livid that a possible undefeated season was lost due to leaving a guy who should have been ejected on the field.

Archived