• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hawks Fans are mad RW isn't MVP

Lilsmitty09

10 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Green Bay? At least we have speed and a savvy veteran who knows the nuances of his position. Green Bay has none of that. 

There WRs are better than ours. 

Give defenses a RB/QB run threat of Cam and Stewart and that alone is going to open up plays for those caliber of WRs. Cam sets up a lot bc of how defenses are forced to play.

GB actually has tons of issues presently.  People just talk about the WRs.  More than their talent is the issue in GB IMO.

Heck if you watch Cobb on the year half he routes the OC had him running weren't even designed for him to make a play.  Mike McCarthy shouldn't of turned over play call duty.  Now he is late to the party trying to figure the pieces out....and confidence across the board looks shot 

11 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I finally found a chart about drops. We are 7th in the league in dropped passes. Seattle is 31st. 

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-receiver-drops-percentage/2015/

Suck on that Seattle fans.

Wow Seattle's HALF the percentage of Carolina's.

That's telling.

And we know, at least 5, 6, 7 of Newton's drops were wide open, big yardage, sure TD passes (mostly, but not limited to Ted Ginn).

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Russell Wilson is a damn good QB.  He does certain things better than Cam.

If you disregard their teams around them.....

Cam simply can do more overall and presents more issues.  All that is simply bc Cam has a Julius Peppers body to play QB with.  Means he presents a mismatch no one has ever dealt with....and Cam makes the most of it bc he elects to be a pure football player and not a traditional QB.   It likely will cost him one day bc he elects to be a power RB that legitimately does care about contact. 

Both are very different.  Not sure why we can't let different be different.  Cam deserves the MVP and Russell deserves recognition for taking a step forward and finally showing he can be elite and out of a Lynch oriented O where he makes plays off it

Every body likes to call Cam different.

However, Wilson's more DIFFERENT when it comes to the actual business of being a QB than Newton.

Newton's, a pure pocket passer, who has no desire to leave the pocket unless he has to (or a play is called). He basically just sits back there looking calm, cool and collected. This has been proven from the start. And both Rivera and Shula have discussed this ad nauseam.

However, Wilson's a scrambler at his best, inner desire. I watch Seattle games sometimes, and get dizzy the amount of times he runs away to by time (or see through the defense), then chuck a floater on the run or to a wide open receiver.

I give him credit for that. However, due to his height issues, he has to run, or the Hawks scheme around it (quick hitter, as they been doing lately during most of his torrid streak).

No one can deny, most of Wilson's TD's are on scrambles, quick passes, and defensive break downs. Just look at both he and Cam's TD totals in and out the pocket for reference (and even some of his "pocket TD's" are most one read, quick strikes).

12 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You are speaking the same way about Wilson as people speak of stopping our offense. "Bracket Olsen, spy Cam". "Once more tape becomes available the read option won't work and Cam will begin to faulter". 

I don't mean to create a stir, but your post is quite generic.

I didn't say it would be stopped.  I said brought down to Earth some.  I mean you can look at the last 2 and half years of games prior to week 9.....and it simply is irrelevant.  Seattle is doing something new. New always takes an adjustment period.  Doesn't mean you can solve it but you can play it better.

That is just football.  Really irrelevant to what it is but when a team makes a drastic change that works it takes awhile for others to adjust 

teams got better at stopping the read option once there was more tape on it.  Doesn't mean you can stop it simply bc you are a little better at defending it. 

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

You are speaking the same way about Wilson as people speak of stopping our offense. "Bracket Olsen, spy Cam". "Once more tape becomes available the read option won't work and Cam will begin to faulter". 

I don't mean to create a stir, but your post is quite generic.

The difference being: Newton's played with essentially the same team all year.

Wilson and his Hawks, have had major dramatic changes on the field during the year.

So, what he said may be a more valid argument (though I get what you were saying).

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I didn't say it would be stopped.  I said brought down to Earth some.  I mean you can look at the last 2 and half years of games prior to week 9.....and it simply is irrelevant.  Seattle is doing something new. New always takes an adjustment period.  Doesn't mean you can solve it but you can play it better.

That is just football.  Really irrelevant to what it is but when a team makes a drastic change that works it takes awhile for others to adjust 

teams got better at stopping the read option once there was more tape on it.  Doesn't mean you can stop it simply bc you are a little better at defending it. 

I also pointed out to him, Cam and the Panthers have been dealing with the same team/offense all year.

The Hawks, have had dramatic change during the season, due to injury. So your argument regarding teams and tapes are somewhat valid.

Early in the season, Russell was doing the Hamster drill and they struggled. During most of his hot streak, he was getting rid of the ball quickly in response. Lately, he's been back to the scramble drill. So you wonder if that has something to do with teams making adjustments? And if so, will the scramble drill continue to have the Jesus water in the playoff's (as Wilson really didn't throw much during their previous playoff runs).

We'll see?

38 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Yeah probably so. Still shows the large discrepancy between our receivers and theirs.

Cam for the most part has gotten the poo end of the stick as far as receivers go and therefore has to make more happen. Seattles receiving corps is finally coming together for the most part. Both QB's have their strengths. I haven't forgotten we still have to finish this wild card game but i look forward when and if Seattle gets a shot at carolina again in the divisional. Hopefully its more exciting then last years

18 hours ago, the_philosopher said:

Those stats do show the biggest thing Cam needs to improve on next year in my opinion: he runs backwards before getting sacked and loses huge yardage. 

You do realize that he MAKES more big plays miraculously avoiding sacks than he does "running backward before getting sacked" right?

You're ready and willing to sacrifice one of the things Cam does best just to eliminate 4 or 5 bad sacks per year?

Well... ok then.

Just now, DabDeezNuts224 said:

Cam for the most part has gotten the poo end of the stick as far as receivers go and therefore has to make more happen. Seattles receiving corps is finally coming together for the most part. Both QB's have their strengths. I haven't forgotten we still have to finish this wild card game but i look forward when and if Seattle gets a shot at carolina again in the divisional. Hopefully its more exciting then last years

Last years was pretty exciting until the 4th quarter. At least it was for us. They were closing in to score and make it a wide open game...when it ended. But this years game in SEA was certainly thrilling. But both teams are very different from that game. We shall see.

Archived