• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody listening to Darin Gantt on WFNZ?

Sam Mills Fan

Im calling bullshit on all this..

Really? Then explain why Rock Hill Paper, Gaston Gazzette, and Charlotte Observer run the exact same puff pieces every day. Why doesn't any reporter at a competing paper ever take an original thought and print it? It's because the Panthers control the flow of info....speak out of turn and the access for those puff pieces all go away. If you actually ever lived in a different city that has a pro football team, you'd definitely see the difference. I've lived in Tampa Bay for a while and I live close to Philly now....the Eagles coverage in the print media is great and it gives you the positive and negative point of view.

Really? Then explain why Rock Hill Paper, Gaston Gazzette, and Charlotte Observer run the exact same puff pieces every day.

Because they are all given access to the same four or five players only after a loss. You remember the "Japanese lettuce inspection" speech from Days of Thunder? There are many ways to control things. I bet you this Wednesday the only players who are in the locker room that one hour when reporters have access to them are Thomas Davis, Jordan Gross, Jon Beason, and two or three other players who didn't screw up last Sunday. Jake will stand up to the music, but I bet Moore isn't there. A.J. Feeley will be there, but you and I can write what he'll say right now.

Its sad isn't it.

Just like the questions asked of Fox in his press conferences.

Tell you what, perform like that and go in front of the NY Media.

It won't be tea and crumpets time.

I live in Raleigh, and now, because the N&O and the Charlotte Observer are owned by the same people, its only the Charlotte Observer's point of view.

Honestly, like Scott Fowler or not, he does seem to call it as he sees it.

Quite honestly, yet another thread about the "journalists" that call themselves beat writers is tedious and I hope this thread is the last ever about said subject. I used to work for the Charlotte Observer and I've written this before but I'll write it again, in part, because it's such a brilliant piece of writing.

The Charlotte Observer is an organization that strives for the most tepid form of mediocrity and routinely fails to achieve even that.

The other reporters that cover our beloved Panthers are crap, as well.

Why? Because none of them know anything about football. Just so you know, I'm not a Sirius PR person but the only people I trust when it comes to real football knowledge are Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan on Moving the Chains on Sirius. Ryan played for the Bears and Kirwan was the player personnel guy for the Jets. They never apologize and they tell it like it is.

Why did Jake have such a bad outing on Sunday? There's a technical reason for the outing and there's a football reason. Did ANY of the expert beat reporters give us a football reason or a technical reason for Delhomme's problems? Of course not: none of them know anything about football. It amazes me that so-called writers like Scott Fowler, Charles Chandler, etc. etc. actually have jobs and get paid.

Archived