• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Anybody Watching?

weyco2000

1 hour ago, B.BERSIN said:

But can we get him at 32nd pick?

If the scouts keep pushing their current assessment of Oakman, then yes he drops to the 2nd and possibly 3rd round if he does not show well at the combine. If his off field issues take on a life of their own,  Texans coach Bill O'Brien does not speak well of him, and he does not handle the interviews well, you could see him fall to the 5th or 6th round like Greg Hardy.

9 minutes ago, Haplo E said:

The draft is so not interesting when drafting that low. Most likely you'll get a rookie who'll barely see the field or contribute. Free agency is what to look forward to. So many high prized vets will try to get the superbowl ring.

IMO, bringing in too many vets upsets the chemistry that's going right now. One upper tier vet with a few fodder vets is my expectation for FA. Bring in the young ones that are coachable

4 minutes ago, Haplo E said:

The draft should be used to beef up the defense with young guys. Wouldn't mind a proven guy like Alshon Jeffrey in free agency.

I like Alshon, but that's a lot of cap space tied up in an oft injured WR. Ask yourself, how much better will he make the team? 8-10mil a year worth? I personally don't think so! 

The only WR I see upgrading our team is Corey Coleman! IMO, he is the improved version of what we ask of Philly Brown

Also, I think the draft should get used to boost the whole team.

Under Dave's methods, FA is used to maintain a solid roster. Draft is used to improve the roster. 

That said, I see us signing a starting DE(hopefully Williams), SS, OT/OG depth, and DT depth. Also Zach Miller to replace Ed Dickson

Then we draft BPA that fits our philosopy

1 hour ago, Gin and Juice said:

No way Dadi plays for the Panthers!

He's undersized but I think he pack on some muscle and play at DE. Guy just needs a good defensive line coach to put the pieces together. He's got bend and a frame that can pack on muscle, just has to get the mental part down.

12 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

He's undersized but I think he pack on some muscle and play at DE. Guy just needs a good defensive line coach to put the pieces together. He's got bend and a frame that can pack on muscle, just has to get the mental part down.

He assaulted an official. No way Ron takes on that liability. Dadi=Burfict

8 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

If the scouts keep pushing their current assessment of Oakman, then yes he drops to the 2nd and possibly 3rd round if he does not show well at the combine. If his off field issues take on a life of their own,  Texans coach Bill O'Brien does not speak well of him, and he does not handle the interviews well, you could see him fall to the 5th or 6th round like Greg Hardy.

Best D-Lineman? Meh, I think you are overselling just a bit, but I feel what you are putting down.

I will say that if he gets in a program that is patient and can make his bottom half match the top then he will no doubt be the best.....as long as he is coachable! I can see spending a late 3rd or higher on potential alone. Possibly a 2nd if he has a high football IQ. 

Right now, he appears as someone that doesn't get "it" or someone protecting himself from injury by playing protectively. He epitomizes high risk/high reward! Will be interesting to see if he has packed on some leg and core mass come combine

Archived