• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The O line has more to prove than Jake

Jangler

I love how everyone easily forgives the OL. They played like absolute poo and got completely outplayed even when they knew blitz was coming. The defense could have told them how they were going to blitz and they still wouldn't be able to pick it up. I don't see why I shouldn't believe it won't happen again.

"Our OL is one of the best in the league that had an off day for the first game."

lol, what is that, a fox answer?

"The diff with that is we all know that the O-line can def bounce back no question.."

no question? haha, we don't know poo. I don't see why we should let their poo performance slide, yet never let Jake's bad performance (which had a lot to do with the OL's play) leave our thoughts.

Thank you.....

It is ridiculous how everyone wants to chalk the OLine play (yes, both the Arizona game and the Philly game) as an "off day", while Jake is a bum and should be shot, hung, and drug.

The fact of the matter is that both contributed to two horribly played games (along wth poor coaching).

Will Jake bounce back? I (nor you) have any idea. We are all frustrated and disappointed....and our first reaction is to throw the easy target under the bus (not to say that Jake does not deserve a heaping pile of blame).

However, if you are going to write him off, then you need to write the OLine off as well...and I am not prepared to do either.

I think if he has the time to look for a receiver he will find him. But when he doesn't have the time he panics and we get what we have had in the last two games. Now his accuracy is another matter and not the Olines fault. Give him the time and Jake is a serviceable QB. I just hope the Oline is prepared to protect him, cuz the Defenses will be coming hard all year.

they need to have someone big stay in the backfield to help block.

one of the things kalil said the eagles were doing was lining LBs up as DEs and dropping the DEs back to LB and creating really big mismatches for the RBs to block.

they are going to keep doing that all year unless they can make them forget it. the RBs may be good blockers but asking them to stop a big DE, esp. a 3-4 DE is quite a bit much. they have to do it but hey aren't the best suited for it. if you have king or even rosario helping out plus hoover or fiammetta back there you have some better matchups.

they need to have someone big stay in the backfield to help block.

one of the things kalil said the eagles were doing was lining LBs up as DEs and dropping the DEs back to LB and creating really big mismatches for the RBs to block.

they are going to keep doing that all year unless they can make them forget it. the RBs may be good blockers but asking them to stop a big DE, esp. a 3-4 DE is quite a bit much. they have to do it but hey aren't the best suited for it. if you have king or even rosario helping out plus hoover or fiammetta back there you have some better matchups.

Could we not also create mismatches this way....sending Barnidge on a route against a DE. Of course, a short one so Jake has time.

Archived