• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The O line has more to prove than Jake

Jangler

Just thought it was time to focus on the O line a little more than Jake, cuz I'm really tried of reading the same thread...

The playbook on how to beat the Panthers has be revealed. Rattle Jake and you win. So it's time for Gross, Wharton, Kalil, Vincent and Otah to Panther up and protect Jake!!

Because I will blame them more than Jake in the Future.

Dwill and Stew have to step up in blitz pickup also if Jake is to get any more time. The Eagles were bringing more than 5 and so will Atl.

My point. Teams will stuff the run and tee off on Jake all season. So they(Dwill And JStew included) need to be ready!!!

If Jake knew how to throw a screen pass those blitzes would be nullified.

It seems it's really easy to game plan vs our offense:

Double Smitty, check

Stack the Box, check

Blitz the poo out of Jake, check

That is all they need to do because they know Jake's limitations.

I agree that the oline will get better the problem is Jake making bad decisions. There's always going to be pressure (teams like to blitz on third and long) and he hasn't given us a reason to believe that he is capable of handling that pressure. The offensive line can block there butts off but if Jake turns the ball over and we get behind it will be the same story over and over. I hate when people have mentioned that Jake getting hit forced him to make the bad decisions because ALL of his picks were not caused by poor oline play.

If Jake knew how to throw a screen pass those blitzes would be nullified.

It seems it's really easy to game plan vs our offense:

Double Smitty, check

Stack the Box, check

Blitz the poo out of Jake, check

That is all they need to do because they know Jake's limitations.

A screen pass won't work when your OL doesn't even touch the defenders. :hand:

THe oline has been bad most of this year. Teams are beating us up the middle blitzing the A gap. Kalil and Vincent have been turnstiles. It isn't hard to beat this though. All you have to do is keep a back or 2 in to block or roll out away from the pressure. Or you can overload one side and run a misdirection to the other side using the tight end or running back. Philly used it for big gains on Sunday. Running over the tackle works as well.

I love how everyone easily forgives the OL. They played like absolute poo and got completely outplayed even when they knew blitz was coming. The defense could have told them how they were going to blitz and they still wouldn't be able to pick it up. I don't see why I shouldn't believe it won't happen again.

"Our OL is one of the best in the league that had an off day for the first game."

lol, what is that, a fox answer?

"The diff with that is we all know that the O-line can def bounce back no question.."

no question? haha, we don't know poo. I don't see why we should let their poo performance slide, yet never let Jake's bad performance (which had a lot to do with the OL's play) leave our thoughts.

Archived