• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Show me a good loser... "

Fright

I love Cam, and I'm for him having his genuine emotions. However, there's something to be said about being a gracious winner AND a gracious loser. I am one who doesn't mind his dabbing, etc. as I don't see it as arrogant or in-your-face toward opponents. It shows Cam's youthfulness and excitement toward winning. I want him to keep that. BUT, it takes a mature  person to lose with grace.

NOW, I think he did that ... congratulating Peyton (with his signature wide Cam grin) on the field following the game. He DOESN'T owe that to the media, who have hounded him endlessly about things that don't matter. 

Was really glad his teammates stood up for him. There's very few opinions that should matter to him, and his teammates is one of them. They've got his back, so he should continue to do him. 

Hell, the people who don't like him aren't or weren't going to like him anyways. I'd just say fug it then, and do things my way

Also DG backed him said, "I want players that hate to lose, guys that make the bus show up late to the airport because they are taking it so hard."

Thank you Dave gettleman for not just backing him but going the extra mile to say what you said.

these guys are going to be hungry next year.

Transcript from BBR:

http://blackandbluereview.com/transcript-cam-newton-on-super-bowl-press-conference-late-fumble/

Some are wondering why you didn't jump on the pile after your second fumble. What are your memories of that moment?

I didn't get the fumble, but you can play tit for tat. I've seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions, and their effort afterward, they don't go. I don't dive on one fumble because the way my leg was it could have been contorted in a way.

Ok you say my effort, I didn't dive down. I fumbled, that's fine. We didn't lose that game because of that fumble, I'll tell you that. You can condemn and say, 'He gave up, this, that and the third.' But, hey, as long as my teammates know, as long as my coaches know, as long as anybody that's following this team knows. It's easy for a person to nitpick and say, 'Oh man, Cam Newton, he gave up…' That's cool, that's fine. I mean, I'm a grown man. I can understand that. But to say some things along the lines of that, and to say it to my face, that's extremely different.

As a follow up to the above, any person who believes that Cam was INTENTIONALLY lackadaisical on that play is a damn fool and hasn't bothered watching the effort and heart that kid has put on the professional football field for 5 years now.

So many people talked about the Carolina Panthers. So many people talked about Cam. So many people talked about Coach Rivera. But the truth of the matter is, nobody on this team got suspended for disciplinary reasons. You never once heard anybody on this team have to sit out games because of what they did. You never heard coach nor coordinator say these guys weren't coachable, so pretty much everything people say about us is fluff. They say Cam's a thug, they say players on the team are classless. We are professional athletes. Like I say, before you are quick to assume anything, what makes your way right?

Preach!

If I offended somebody, that's cool. I know who I am, and I'm not about to conform, nor bend, for anybody's expectations, because your or anybody else's expectations will never exceed mine.

PREACH!

9 minutes ago, Shufdog said:

Huh? I'm not saying anything, just letting everyone know where the quote came from.

Dude, I was just joking around.

CAM'S A POOR SPORT (as they hand the Lombardi "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" Trophy to John Elway).

Get it?

6 minutes ago, Kakarot said:

Was really glad his teammates stood up for him. There's very few opinions that should matter to him, and his teammates is one of them. They've got his back, so he should continue to do him. 

Hell, the people who don't like him aren't or weren't going to like him anyways. I'd just say fug it then, and do things my way

Exactly!!! And its been that way since he was drafted.

Archived